What's new

Help Wanted-compact device with good battery life

Whats the typical low volt cut off point for mods these days?
Only using 2 mods (single cell) my pico 85 lasts way longer on a single charge than my nx75 and i know thats due to nx75 having a higher cut off. Plus take the dead battery out of the nx75, stick in the nightcore, still got a 3rd charge left.
But i was looking into investing into a dual mod (vape at 11w with vtc6)that would last nearly a full week before a charge. I mean the modefined sirius really twinged my japseye, but heard its got a high cut off point so its not that brilliant on life.

typical seems to be around 3.2v .... but in some that's under load so when you stick it in the charger it's at 3.4v

There was a thread on here a year or so back and someones mod was cutting off at 3.6V ... I think it may have been a Smok, it had terrible battery life. :D

typical seems to be around 3.2v .... but in some that's under load so when you stick it in the charger it's at 3.4v

There was a thread on here a year or so back and someones mod was cutting off at 3.6V ... I think it may have been a Smok, it had terrible battery life. :D
I take it 3.2v is sort of like a safest of safe base line they use then to cover all brands of cells as each cell minimum discharge varies between 2 & 3 volts?
Dont get me wrong,not looking to destroy my batteries, just wondering wheres best place to look for a mod that would squeeze out a touch extra, as vaping at low watts, that touch difference, makes quite a big difference on mod life before charge. Or am i wrong and just being picky as fook lol
Edit: which mods do have a cut off of 3.2v? Whenever look at mods, never see that kind of info.

Last edited:
I take it 3.2v is sort of like a safest of safe base line they use then to cover all brands of cells as each cell minimum discharge varies between 2 & 3 volts?
Dont get me wrong,not looking to destroy my batteries, just wondering wheres best place to look for a mod that would squeeze out a touch extra, as vaping at low watts, that touch difference, makes quite a big difference on mod life before charge. Or am i wrong and just being picky as fook lol

nah, I think by spec they are fine down to 2.5v ... although obviously firing a mod at 100w when it's that low could make it sag well under and would create a lot of amp draw ... I think that's why they are forced to make it higher, amp safety, not so much the voltage.

on a 20w mod you could make it much lower and still keep things safe.

...... anyway a DNA mod will allow you to change it in escribe I have mine set to 2.8v (bounces back to 3v after taking it out) which is fine for low wattage vaping.

other than DNA's it seems to be guesswork as they never publish the voltage cut off from what I can see.

other than DNA's it seems to be guesswork as they never publish the voltage cut off from what I can see.
Speaking on the little built in cell mods. I may try the vaporesso tarrot baby. Anyone tried one yet. I was impressed by the armour.

Whats the typical low volt cut off point for mods these days?
Only using 2 mods (single cell) my pico 85 lasts way longer on a single charge than my nx75 and i know thats due to nx75 having a higher cut off. Plus take the dead battery out of the nx75, stick in the nightcore, still got a 3rd charge left.
But i was looking into investing into a dual mod (vape at 11w with vtc6)that would last nearly a full week before a charge. I mean the modefined sirius really twinged my japseye, but heard its got a high cut off point so its not that brilliant on life.
What batteries are you using for low wattage vaping?
@Simon G linked to some high mah ones in the mtl thread that would be far more suited to low wattage than the vtc6's.
The vtc6's are best suited to high wattage as they have high amp ratings.
If you're vaping 11w you're not going to need so many amps so can go for higher mah rated batteries which will last longer at lower watts.

What batteries are you using for low wattage vaping?
@Simon G linked to some high mah ones in the mtl thread that would be far more suited to low wattage than the vtc6's.
The vtc6's are best suited to high wattage as they have high amp ratings.
If you're vaping 11w you're not going to need so many amps so can go for higher mah rated batteries which will last longer at lower watts.
Vtc6’s are at 3000mah 20amp, only other iv seen for 18650 are rated 3500mah, but with that, sort of venturing into lesser known brands. Thought id compromise on that extra 500mah for a guaranteed decent reliable sony battery.
Seen some 21700 with lower amps and quite abit higher mah, but havnt got 21700 mod.

vapedroid c1d2 or c1h2 are small Dna devices and very good use one as my EDV taking a single 18650 or 26650 with the 26650 4200mah is possible
wp_ss_20181020_0007.png

but..

u might have to put a thread up in wanted as they are discontinued now
well worth the search
serveimage (27).jpg

or the legend 2 little over 50 but worth it
https://www.fasttech.com/products/3032/10021298/9666674
9666674-5.jpg

the macro 2 75 Dna
https://www.fasttech.com/products/3...hentic-sbody-macro-ii-dna75-75w-vw-tc-apv-box
9675094-1.jpg

Last edited:
Edit: which mods do have a cut off of 3.2v? Whenever look at mods, never see that kind of info.
as long as it's above 1-1.5v it's the time it's left in that state that causes the damage to the battery
mooch said
i posted here ages ago about it

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom