What's new

Help Wanted-compact device with good battery life

Ashen

Hi guys, I’m new here and I hope you can help me as I’m pretty frustrated after blowing 50 quid on what appears to be an absolutely awful device, the Vaporesso Revenger mini.

I’m after something fairly small and compact that can last a while and packs a decent punch, which is the premise I bought the revernger mini on. Except after 100 puffs it’s dead and the vape is that great either. I’m using it well within the recommended settings and have turned all the lights off etc and it makes no difference. It’s dead within an hour or 2.

For context I’m pretty new to sub ohm vaping and am currently using a Smok vape pen 22. I love the clouds I get from it and it’s a satisfying vape, especially with the mesh coils. On the downside battery life isn’t great (lasts me about 3-4 hrs) and it burns through coils like they’re going out of fashion.

So I’m after a more powerful device than my Smok 22 with better battery life while still being compact. Does such a thing exist?

Thanks

Depends what you consider good battery life really mate.

Compact and good battery, on sub ohm devices, don't generally go hand in hand. More battery life needs more room for batteries making the mods bigger.

I'm sure someone on here will be able to come up with a good recommendation.

Hi @Ashen and welcome.
The eleaf ikonn is very small but offers great battery life as it takes two 18650's.
If you tell us what tanks you like including the coil ohm's and power you vape at then youll get suggestions for the best pairing of batteries for it.

Hi and welcome to the planet.

that is strange to hear as the vaperesso kits are usually great but i dont have the mini but i do have the full size revenger and the polar kits.
what pisses me off from all companies is usually mini's have built in batteries which are just no good for high wattage tanks. this mini being a 85watt mod the battery will drain very quickly if you are running at 50watts or above which it sounds like is happening.
also single battery mods are the same and the best i got was 1 hour 10 minutes at 50watts.
so its a compromise. small mods with bad battery life or dual battery mods which are bigger but will last longer between charges and as they are changeable you can have a charged pair ready to swap out.
someone will be along to advise on smaller mods but dont hold your breath on getting hours out a single charge.

I know you maybe have a dislike for vaporesso but the armour pro is a great mod or the tarot baby..tarot baby I use for 2 days straight all day vaping before charging..cracking little mod..
The armour pro has got nothing but good feedback here and I have one on the way..
Eleaf istick is not compact but has a massive 5000mah battery..

The problem is caused by the manufacturers I think, for me anything single cell or a built in battery under 3,500mAh is not really suitable for vaping over say 25w or something. Not if you want it to last any amount of time, but they'll make a mod with a 2,500mAh battery let it go to 80w and pair it with a tank that uses coils that don't work under 60w.

The Kanger Vola mod I'm using right now is the perfect example, it's small, very light and will last me a whole day vaping at 11w .... but it's a 2,000mAh mod that goes up to 100w! ... it comes in kit form with a tank that uses 0.2 and 0.4 ohm coils which makes no sense imo. It should come with a tank that uses coils that have a maximum rating of 20-25w and the mod should be limited to 30-40w. People like me would still be fine with it and people that need a 100w mod won't be disappointed when it only lasts them 20 minutes.

It's all stupid and it annoys me.

The problem is caused by the manufacturers I think, for me anything single cell or a built in battery under 3,500mAh is not really suitable for vaping over say 25w or something. Not if you want it to last any amount of time, but they'll make a mod with a 2,500mAh battery let it go to 80w and pair it with a tank that uses coils that don't work under 60w.

The Kanger Vola mod I'm using right now is the perfect example, it's small, very light and will last me a whole day vaping at 11w .... but it's a 2,000mAh mod that goes up to 100w! ... it comes in kit form with a tank that uses 0.2 and 0.4 ohm coils which makes no sense imo. It should come with a tank that uses coils that have a maximum rating of 20-25w and the mod should be limited to 30-40w. People like me would still be fine with it and people that need a 100w mod won't be disappointed when it only lasts them 20 minutes.

It's all stupid and it annoys me.
I concur.

Thanks guys, yeah maybe what I’m after simply doesn’t exist and I need to go for something a bit bigger. I was hoping for something I can comfortably slip into my pocket and carry around with me.

@StrawberryRipple i don’t have preferences for tanks etc as everything I’ve had before the revenger has just been plug and play so to speak. On my vape pen 22 I use 0.15 ohm mesh coils and it works great for 70vg juices but not so much on the really thick ones. Doesn’t have variable wattage so I don’t know about that. And like I said battery life isn’t great and it eats through coils.

Just tried the ceramic coil that came with the revenger mini @35 Watts, it’s lasting longer but poor vape on the thicker juice.

Wismec gen3 dual is a good shout. Tiny for a dual battery mod and seems to be holding up ok [emoji16]

Whats the typical low volt cut off point for mods these days?
Only using 2 mods (single cell) my pico 85 lasts way longer on a single charge than my nx75 and i know thats due to nx75 having a higher cut off. Plus take the dead battery out of the nx75, stick in the nightcore, still got a 3rd charge left.
But i was looking into investing into a dual mod (vape at 11w with vtc6)that would last nearly a full week before a charge. I mean the modefined sirius really twinged my japseye, but heard its got a high cut off point so its not that brilliant on life.

Back
Top Bottom