What's new

help me with temp control please

ss 316 26awg spaced 5wraps 0.33ohm, 220C and raising wattage, but as soon as i got to 40W i felt burnt smell, ramped down to 25W and gave a wash and a dry .. still at 220C wtih 25W but it's like 20-30% flavour of what i got on GenS.

the mod comes with a usb c cable and a Thelema pin/badge.
You're using an mtl device or it could do a tight restricted dtl so can i ask how you are vaping it?

Too few wraps on your coil I think, you should throw a few more into your next one. Set the resistance on the mod when the coil is at room temperature.

To be honest, it doesn't make that much difference.
All i ever see about ss profiles is arguments over whether the tcr should be like 110, or 102, or 92 etc etc, thats funny if it doesnt make that much of a difference

All i ever see about ss profiles is arguments over whether the tcr should be like 110, or 102, or 92 etc etc, thats funny if it doesnt make that much of a difference

It’s a dna mod, so the profile has a curve, rather than a flat line. I have both profiles, the numbers aren’t that different. I noticed I was still running 316 on one of my Odin 75’s, and it wasn’t because I noticed any difference in the vape.

I think John R has probably hit on the issue, which is getting a good cold ohm read. Ok, so trying to vape mtl at 40w probably isn’t helping much.

It'll never hit 40 if it's temperature dominant, I suspect running it at 220C isn't helping, typically I run mine at 200C, albeit I use Fahrenheit (390F).

It'll never hit 40, I suspect running it at 220C isn't helping, typically I run mine at 200C, albeit I use Fahrenheit (390F).

If you look at his screen shot, it was only hitting 150 ish at 30w. That’s typical of a high cold ohm read I’d say.

Too few wraps on your coil I think, you should throw a few more into your next one. Set the resistance on the mod when the coil is at room temperature.
Good evening John! sure, i will go 7 wraps spaced coil. (i don't check for hotspots, i space it and then throw wick and juice, i think it should be at room temp). i am swapping gen s and this mod and gen s is giving the almost full flavour (wanted - tahiti vanilla, rom and cigar) but it feels inconsistent at chain vaping; whilst dna is spot on each fire but flavour is bad.(i get more burnt alike smell, but no signs of burned/black/tear cotton).
i disabled preheat and still the same flavour or even worse.

I assume the steel material is the one that comes with the mod and you haven't replaced it.

Back
Top Bottom