What's new

Help, crackling, wheezing chest?

Hi all

So I've had some health issues lately. Had to have chest x-ray and some other checks. Still ongoing but lungs are fine.

I've also been getting a wheezy/crackly chest when breathing which i can hear occasionally. Hubby has also noticed when i am sleep. Could PG be causing this? I do vape more now than ever.

I remember getting this when i smoked but haven't had it again until recently. Feels like i have to keep clearing my throat.

Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated

Thanks!! D x

Changed to a different nic salt base recently? My Mrs can't vape salicylate nic salt and has the same problem so she has to stick to benzoate base

Also worth considering is the amount of different stock coils, wire type and the cotton they contain will differ, that you are using, I got this really bad one time, stopped using a certain stock coil n wheezing was gone.

ceramic coils? i tried one a vaporesso one years ago and they didn’t agree with me at all.

ceramic coils? i tried one a vaporesso one years ago and they didn’t agree with me at all.

Yip, em were the ones.... I used them twice taking a break just to confirm, fkin ill they made me, each episode lasting bout 10 days.
Either that or I had the Rona well before anyone else:)

Thanks. Yeah i thought about coils too, i use so many different kits its hard to narrow down but i will have too.

With ref to juices i use different ones but i do have regular salts i use like juice head and dr vapes so going to look into the type as @mattyk2010 mentioned.

Thanks again, im pretty sure is vaping so need to really drill down what so i can change it cause im not stopping! Lol

to be honest, i find a lot of stock coils give me a scratchy throat or cause a bit of a wheeze. i don’t think they agree with me. maybe trying a rebuildable for a week or so could help? dunno, maybe you are already using rebuildables?

I get a bit of that wheezy/crackly breathing happening if I vape 70VG liquid for more than a couple of hours, varying brands of VG too. Unfortunately it could be any component of your vaping, and the only way to work it out is by a process of elimination. Maybe if you can pinpoint when it started you can put your finger on what triggered it? I hope you get to the root of it soon :10:

Thanks. Yeah i thought about coils too, i use so many different kits its hard to narrow down but i will have too.

With ref to juices i use different ones but i do have regular salts i use like juice head and dr vapes so going to look into the type as @mattyk2010 mentioned.

Thanks again, im pretty sure is vaping so need to really drill down what so i can change it cause im not stopping! Lol

To muddy the waters further, don't over look flavourings, much like a food allergies where it's obviously ingested, but in vaping we vape it, which could cause an irritant of sorts, with persisted use can/could cause wheezing.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom