What's new

Have you got fatter since you started vaping?

Sadly I have piled on quite a bit, but I think the rot set in 3 years prior to starting vaping (6+years) when my old depot closed. Going from a 10 minute vigorous bike ride to a 45min+ each way car commute, leaves me little time (or motivation) to counter it. I keep meaning to go and get my old fart MOT, but I fear the fekers will put me down instead. I miss our Lake District holidays, which we haven't had for about 4 years now as funds are otherwise spoken for (not vaping), until the house is finished :(

I have the BMI of someone about 8' 6" tall, so maybe I'll get an upward growth spurt for my 56th birthday eh? :lame:

Being a skinny fucker to start with I put on weight when I had to stop work and also put on weight when I quit smoking ( I would say quit smoking over started vaping ).
on the down side I went up a jean size not once but twice

The first time I quit smoking in 2005 I did it with will power alone and was worried about weight gain so for the first few weeks I meticulously cut pieces of carrot and celery to the exact length of a cigarette and filled a lunch box full of them and took them to work. I literally had a carrot or celery on the go all day but, for me, it worked a treat.

I do agree that the sweet flavouring in the juice does help with food cravings.

put a bit on bout a stone .. but I work with food all day .. yes I'm slightly over weight but do I care .. as long as she loves me who cares .. and at 53 why bother ?

aye, doosh! A stone almost straight away. And then another one after I had went back on the stinkies and finally chucked it for good! Getting near in dropping one of those but life is for living.

I put on a stone in the first few months, I think it was due to the fact I enjoyed food more after giving up the stickies. I've never lost it and don't think I will now, I'm going to grow 6 inches instead.

I have, but not because of vaping. It's because of medication :(
Psych meds are notorious for weight gain, it's one reason I hate being put on a new one.... And I've been put on 3 new ones in the last 6 months.....

They don't care that their medications will make you gain weight....
And they don't care that you worked your ass off to lose 7 stone 9 years ago and stayed the same weight for those 9 years til their medication came and screwed you over! Now your over 45 and that crap is harder to get off.... was hard enough to get off after 35!

Edit: the 7 stone (100 pounds) I lost 9 years ago was weight I gained from medication as well. I don't wanna go down THAT road again!!

Last edited:
Yes.. but correlation is not causation.

Started vaping around the time I hit 40 and discovered I like red wine and sour beer (both of which I couldn't stand in my 30s) and M&S Cherry Liqueur chocolates.

Been 11 and a half stone since I was 15. Just weighed myself now for the first time in about five years and am 12 stone now (though a lot of the difference will probably be due to my boots). All the extra seems to be in the love-handle area.

Back
Top Bottom