What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Has anyone ever had a call from DHL?

Not had a thing since Voopoo said they were posting it "soon" after I pm'd for an update about 2 weeks ago. DHL will likely charge an admin fee as well so we will see.
Had a text message off dhl saying delivery scheduled for friday then another saying they need payment for import duty, bastards

Yeah I had the same from voopoo too as I haven't ordered out so was just checking if you had the same

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news @Cozy but the £4.45 is only for the import duty and there will be an additional £8 handling charge.
That's not good, thanks for the information maybe voopoo need to change their courier had multiple packages from china and not been charged once

That's not good, thanks for the information maybe voopoo need to change their courier had multiple packages from china and not been charged once
DHL packages are always customs checked probably because they usually tend to be higher value items.

DHL packages are always customs checked probably because they usually tend to be higher value items.
Have you had a package from voopoo too, or just had one from china with DHL they dont mention handling charge on message or when I click link just a import duty charge

I didn't get mine in the end by the way, they sent it back to china and I never heard another peep from Voopoo about it.

Have you had a package from voopoo too, or just had one from china with DHL they dont mention handling charge on message or when I click link just a import duty charge
I bought a camera from USA a few years ago and was hit for £60 all in.
Even allowing for this, it still worked out quite a bit cheaper than UK.

Just an update on this I paid the £4.45 tax import duty on it, didn't get charged anything else and turned up the next day, no handling charge and it was the voopoo vinci

I won the last comp/giveaway that @USONICIG did
https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/...giveaway-usonicig-at-vapexpo-in-paris.187918/

And today I got a text from DHL saying I have a parcel due for delivery on 22/10. With a tracking number and link when I click on the link it says payment is required to deliver it.:(
I checked and it is the zip kit parcel.

Worse thing is Usonicig are going to the birmingham expo, they could have took it with them and popped into any post office and send it lol

Last edited:
Afraid to say , yeah I had the same thing, for an Item for review a couple weeks agao, they said the same to me, about collecting from the sender etc
3 weeks and today an invoice for vat and their fee drops through the door
stated value was $25 ish, on theeir invoice its 40 pounds, they want 8 quid vat and their 11 quid charge on top,

In the process of arguing this one out
I know this is a zombie thread but I get this a couple of times a week from dhl and ups. If you have issue in the future I've a simple template I've made that will get it out of vaping jail for no charge.

I know this is a zombie thread but I get this a couple of times a week from dhl and ups. If you have issue in the future I've a simple template I've made that will get it out of vaping jail for no charge.

nice one mate, that sounds great, had no luck myself and ended up having to pay hmrc

Back
Top Bottom