What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Had to call an ambulance....

Sorry to hear what happened, must have been frightening.
Do yourself and your work a favour, download a Pomodoro timer app. I swear by it, even though it sounds gimmicky, humour me and try it for a day.
You work for 25 minutes, then you take a five minute break. For those five minutes, force yourself to get up out of your chair and move. Maybe just to go make a cup of tea, just don't sit.
I thought it would be really disruptive, so was quite sceptical when I started it. But I found my concentration actually improved, and I got fewer aches and headaches.

Thanks for the replies .
I kidded myself a half hour walk to the high street once a day would be enough exercise :)
I do think it was more related to my inactivity and sitting crosslegged way too much.
I was thinking about how much time i sit like that and it pretty much covers most of my waking hours.
Time goes very quick in front of the computer and i think i've reached unhealthy levels of inactivity.
I might take the advice of the ambulance lady and find some volunteer work to do or maybe a part-time job.
I have calmed down a bit with the vaping as i was chain-vaping a bit too much i think.
I had already cut down to 3mg nicotine a while ago but maybe chainvaping various e-liquids non-stop is not the best way.
I must say, it is very responsible of you to admit you think it is likely due to sitting like that for a long time and inactivity- a lot of people would do whatever they could to deny they could of been in any way a cause to something that happened lol.

I got to a stage where I was pretty inactive myself, walking as you do is a good exercise, I live at a place called Canvey Island and we have areas that are built up, but others that are very green, I tend to go on a long walk daily now, to the town centre like you then to one of the quieter areas, even if you could extend your walk a little that would be a good thing, I don't know if you have any quiet places but a walk can be quite nice and good for you too.

Regarding the Volunteering, if you could do that it would be fantastic, there are lots of places that could do with volunteers, one of them is simply for the elderly, I think it is called befriending. Essentially it is for older people who don't really have anyone, and it is a godsend for them to have someone to speak too.

I guess if you really was hitting the chain vaping hard it wouldn't be good for you, the same as anything in excess really.

I wish you all the best and hope it never happens again :).

Thanks for the replies .
I kidded myself a half hour walk to the high street once a day would be enough exercise :)
I do think it was more related to my inactivity and sitting crosslegged way too much.
I was thinking about how much time i sit like that and it pretty much covers most of my waking hours.
Time goes very quick in front of the computer and i think i've reached unhealthy levels of inactivity.
I might take the advice of the ambulance lady and find some volunteer work to do or maybe a part-time job.
I have calmed down a bit with the vaping as i was chain-vaping a bit too much i think.
I had already cut down to 3mg nicotine a while ago but maybe chainvaping various e-liquids non-stop is not the best way.

You sound much calmer now, good to hear! From what you've said I think your body was giving you a screaming wake-up call there and thankfully you're taking notice :) Make a few changes here n' there, get of yer butt more often, and at least get summat to sit on more comfortably when using the computer...sitting cross-legged for hours on end is gonna play havoc with your circulation!

I just received my Smok vape pen 22 from Fasttech, it has coils with big gaps for the jucie to flow through to the cotton wick.
I'm gonna try a VG heavy mix and see if it helps ,i have the VG from Boots chemist and a few flavourings.
If it doesn't help i might try going back to my ego battery with Boge cartridges ,i'll still get my nicotine intake but with less Pg /VG intake.

@vapellie ,thanks i'll try that app ,sounds like a good idea.
It's also a reminder of just how long one is sitting at the computer :)

Back
Top Bottom