What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Grants Custard ?

Hmm...i just need a good strong custard. When i vape it people around me have no doubt its Custard :-)
Maybe a DIY

i recon they are just using the name as no mention of the history of grants which we would fight for 100ml at £40

I used to be guaranteed to get comments (good ones!) when I had Nice Custard Cream on the go, that really was such a great liquid and up there with Doughnut King (I think that was a Chef's one originally before the brand series?) You would swear you could taste the airy dough on the inside and the sugar coating on the outside. Using the current shortfill I think I'm pretty close to getting a couple of those things back the same way that made Doughnut King so good but when it comes to the actual bread part that's where I won't know where to go. I loved Nice Custard Cream but it's just so dry now, the vanilla is barely there and it's more like a soggy digestive, it certainly doesn't get better even after 6 or 7 weeks that's for sure.

I do wonder if many people have memories of Grant's that even the real thing wouldn't live up to, it was very nice but for me that seemed more because it had been steeped properly. I think it just wasn't sweet enough for me, I'd love to get some and fire in some Sweet Cream or even the tiniest bit of strawberry,

I used to be guaranteed to get comments (good ones!) when I had Nice Custard Cream on the go, that really was such a great liquid and up there with Doughnut King (I think that was a Chef's one originally before the brand series?) You would swear you could taste the airy dough on the inside and the sugar coating on the outside. Using the current shortfill I think I'm pretty close to getting a couple of those things back the same way that made Doughnut King so good but when it comes to the actual bread part that's where I won't know where to go. I loved Nice Custard Cream but it's just so dry now, the vanilla is barely there and it's more like a soggy digestive, it certainly doesn't get better even after 6 or 7 weeks that's for sure.

I do wonder if many people have memories of Grant's that even the real thing wouldn't live up to, it was very nice but for me that seemed more because it had been steeped properly. I think it just wasn't sweet enough for me, I'd love to get some and fire in some Sweet Cream or even the tiniest bit of strawberry,
FA Zeppola, Capella glazed donut, Liquid Barn bakery spice or if you're really brave as it's exceptionally potent FLV Fried Dough.

https://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/4005716/Custard Cream Biscuit

https://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/3412035/Custard Donut Perfect

I've nearly got the ingredients for those recipes so I'm maybe better just starting Custard Cream from scratch with one of those rather than trying to mix on top of a completely unknown mix of flavours with no idea how they'll interact. I've not trried them all but I do wonder if the other Doughnut King shortfills can be improved so much just by tweaking the doughnut base flavour (with diacetyl mostley to be fair...).

Is Zeppolla worth having as well as the TFA Acetyl Pyrazine? I've found it works very well but then I've not tried other types of actual bakery recipes other than doughnut.

The Devon Cream from CCW arrived today, it smells amazing but seems like pretty powerful stuff that could be easy to overdo. Looking forward to getting Nickbrosia and Claire's mixed using the proper ingredients finally. It does smell like it could make a pretty amazing custard if used on top of Capella which is exactly what I'm gonna try first, no extra sweeteners or anything just Cap VC at 10% (way too high for some) and try starting the Decon Cream at 4 or 5%.

The Milkman Vanilla Custard is surprisingly good considering how disastrous their actual "original" is now. Several of the clones are good but there's always things missing, sadly either something really obscure or maybe no longer available like a specific vanilla extract that is no longer profitable with the US industry being utterly destroyed, shame as I loved it even though at first it seemed like it might have gone off or something.

I've
I've nearly got the ingredients for those recipes so I'm maybe better just starting Custard Cream from scratch with one of those rather than trying to mix on top of a completely unknown mix of flavours with no idea how they'll interact. I've not trried them all but I do wonder if the other Doughnut King shortfills can be improved so much just by tweaking the doughnut base flavour (with diacetyl mostley to be fair...).

Is Zeppolla worth having as well as the TFA Acetyl Pyrazine? I've found it works very well but then I've not tried other types of actual bakery recipes other than doughnut.

The Devon Cream from CCW arrived today, it smells amazing but seems like pretty powerful stuff that could be easy to overdo. Looking forward to getting Nickbrosia and Claire's mixed using the proper ingredients finally. It does smell like it could make a pretty amazing custard if used on top of Capella which is exactly what I'm gonna try first, no extra sweeteners or anything just Cap VC at 10% (way too high for some) and try starting the Decon Cream at 4 or 5%.

The Milkman Vanilla Custard is surprisingly good considering how disastrous their actual "original" is now. Several of the clones are good but there's always things missing, sadly either something really obscure or maybe no longer available like a specific vanilla extract that is no longer profitable with the US industry being utterly destroyed, shame as I loved it even though at first it seemed like it might have gone off or something.
Ive used the plain ccw cream a lot and anything over 1% in a mix is pushing it.
I do have Devon cream but don't know how far you can push it but I'd have thought 4% is a little too high.
If you're keen on custards pick up FA Custard Premium as it's far superior to V1 and LB Vanilla Ice Cream is a perfect addition to any custard.

Back
Top Bottom