What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Freebie Hunters!

@Squidgy :)
What you need to realise is that often when you see pictures of amazing kit and collections, these have been as often as not, built up over years of Buying, Selling and Trading between like minded individuals, so careful working towards certain goals takes time. For instance, I have been around vaping since 2011 and have had some beauties pass through my hands when chasing down a particular item that had peeked my interest, sometimes I have been successful, but many more times not. It's just a matter of patience and an eye on the long game.
Like everyone here, I started to vape as I decided I wanted a healthier lifestyle and was fed up with filling the Government's Coffers with my hard earned money. Over time, it became a hobby as well and aided by the fine folk here, I slowly built up a small collection of gear that I particularly liked. Much has moved on, much has changed around the whole vaping scene and nowadays most of what I have is considered Old School as it IS dated, but I enjoy using it :)

the thread is an observation about serial Freebie hunters and their usual approach, which is to enter every giveaway known to man. It grates after a while if that stuff bothers you, but over time, one begins to ignore it. Most of us know who is who and the Hunters tend to become ignored, both by the Person who set up the Giveaway and by the other entrants :)

I fully appreciate it’s taken a lot of time and patients to achieve the outstanding collection of kit some of you have, not to mention the knowledge that goes with it. Which is why I jumped onboard.

It is meant as a compliment that I’m envious of the collections I see on here…

smeagol-my-precious-funny-shoes.jpg

What I tend to is when I do a giveaway is I will use a number generator and if I smell a freebie on said giveaway and their number comes up I will fuck them off and try the generator again. Simples.
Yep, thats what i do! If i don't know them as in i see they hardly contribute to the forum but love a giveaway and their number comes up i just do it again lol.
Try to be fair always but i don't give to anyone that doesn't deserve it, my stuff so i do what i want!

The thing I've noticed as well is that all the people who don't post apart from giveaways is that when there is the option to tag a member they all seem to know each other to tag.

Cheeky fecker thinks he's being funny and reckons giveaways are like christmas every day, don't believe me? Go to google translate and check out navidad, LOL

Its a bit catch 22 as i come on here everyday but really don't post so much yes i do enter the odd giveaway, But one maybe two a yr again if i will not use the stuff myself then no i don't enter.
I have never done a giveaway as TBH i can't be arsed and i would forget about it, But if i see a person asking about a certain piece of vape gear that i have but not using i will contact them via pm and if they want it i will just send it out to them for free.
So some of us do do our bit but its not seen by everybody so we may also come across as a freebie hunter.

Back
Top Bottom