What's new

Free repair/service for mods

Have a b2 for normal use and and i for fine work. Bc2 is good for better thermal mass on bigger items or big ground planes that absorb the heat.

Have a b2 for normal use and and i for fine work. Bc2 is good for better thermal mass on bigger items or big ground planes that absorb the heat.

Thanks @KytanDale
It's rare I solder anything beefy, would I get away with the BC2 for stuff like rewiring a billet box (DNA boards) or should I buy a finer point now?

Also how long would a tip last of moderate use?

Looking forward to trying this iron after suffering years of cheap crap which totals far more dosh than the price of the T100, I should know better as a photographer that never buys inferior stuff.

Sorry to hijack this thread, couldn't find a Free Soldering Advice Service thread :18:

Hi apes,

A new post in regards to free service for mods.

I am offering my services to the forum members as repairs for battery mods.
The service is totally free with the exception of postage and if parts are required to be purchased.

20 years background in electronics, mainly in audio and automations. I consider I have all the tools required and enough knowledge [emoji23]

Get in contact with me in private and will discuss..

IMPORTANT- read the below T&C's

- as these devices use high power lithium's, there is no responsibility on my side. (i had cases of people using mods at maximum specs until you could not hold it in your hand and then blaming my repair when it blew up in their face)
- the repairs are in my spare time, will do my best to be fast but will not take any urgent requests or restless people. I do have a life...
- will only repair if I consider the mod to be safe to use after, or if the owner takes FULL responsibility if I advise against the repair.
- there is no guarantee except my professional work ethics.
- the owner is responsible in getting the mod to me, and paying postage for return (paypal) , PLEASE consider paypal fees also if the case.

Thank you

View attachment 208714View attachment 208715View attachment 208716View attachment 208717
How do i pm you please?

Voopoo alpha in service, for our colleague @ViperVapeUK
20210117_004833.jpg
20210117_010708.jpg

Massive thankyou to @KytanDale for repairing my little Voopoo Alpha! So pleased to have this working again, still my favourite out and about mod! Really appreciate your time and effort.

Attachments

• CB9028E2-79BA-489A-9EEE-FED8B1E38F7B.jpeg
    CB9028E2-79BA-489A-9EEE-FED8B1E38F7B.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 64
Back
Top Bottom