What's new

Free repair/service for mods

Just wanted to say a big thanks to @KytanDale for sorting out my collection of old school pipe mod duds. He's an absolute star and doing a great service for the vaping community (easy transactions and informative updates).

I joined this forum to access his services - but will now use POTV as my main forum for all things vaping.

I mentioned to KD that I was surprised that those old Smok e-Pipes stopped being made, as for me at least (vaping high nicotine but without cumulonimbus wattage) they offered ideal ergonomics in a discreet and compact body.

Anyway, thanks to a combination of KD's artistry and a bulk clean-out purchase from a supplier in Australia I've managed to fortify my stock of these masterpieces of circa 2010 vaping tech.

Cheers (and thanks to @Rob and @Arawn1975! for the early info)

I.

@Tamer El-Meehy some transplants from a donor board and it's up. Not tesed with an atty yet, there might still be issues. High corrosion that got in the board layers, i managed to rebuild a trace... who knows, maybe it wants to live but no guarantees yet.
20210624_214156.jpg
20210624_215436.jpg

I have an SX-mini G class that's not recognising batteries. A quick test with some artfully folded pieces of aluminium foil confirmed that the mod still works as it light up and worked fine but for a more permanent solution (and safer) I was wondering about a couple of drops of solder on the door terminals.

What do you think? or can you suggest a better solution? Happy to try to fix it myself, but would be eager to lean on your experience and hear your suggestions of better solution?

@KytanDale…thank you for everything. It arrived safe and sound and working [emoji4]

IMG_4891.jpg

Don’t ask me why, but I really love this particular mod. Too bad they economized on..well everything it seems.

I feel bad that you had to go through all this trouble to repair it. But you made me happy. [emoji4]

I have an SX-mini G class that's not recognising batteries. A quick test with some artfully folded pieces of aluminium foil confirmed that the mod still works as it light up and worked fine but for a more permanent solution (and safer) I was wondering about a couple of drops of solder on the door terminals.

What do you think? or can you suggest a better solution? Happy to try to fix it myself, but would be eager to lean on your experience and hear your suggestions of better solution?
The battery ends , top ones should be spring loaded , to ensure the correct pressure. If you need to put a spacer , probably the top contacts are stuck ( wear, juice, corrosion). Soldering the contacts is not safe in my opinion. Check with something if the top pin are still springy first. Also could be surface corrosion on the terminals, some fine sandpaper (1200 grit) could help also

The battery ends , top ones should be spring loaded , to ensure the correct pressure. If you need to put a spacer , probably the top contacts are stuck ( wear, juice, corrosion). Soldering the contacts is not safe in my opinion. Check with something if the top pin are still springy first. Also could be surface corrosion on the terminals, some fine sandpaper (1200 grit) could help also

I've already cleaned the top contacts with alcohol soaked paper and an emery cloth and checked them for springyiness they both have some spring (one a little more than the other). I did have a slightly better idea of dropping the solder onto the battery rather than the terminal so as to not adulterate the mod itself. I also wrote to the warranty department and sent them a video... but they haven't looked at that at all as the video upload site they suggested has told me the link is about to expire. I've just re-tested the mod and the silver foil trick no longer seems to work, there's no battery ratlle, and when the usb is plugged in it shows a connection to both battery's charging. But the damn thing still won't turn on. I'm awaiting new battery's from china and next pay day I'm going to spring for a couple of new Sony VTC5a's and see if that will make any difference. The usb liughting up the mod to me shows the electronics are working but I'm confused why it should show the battery's connecting properly on USB but not on their own.

Hi,
Could you possibly help me please?
Are you in the UK?

I have 2 Tesla Punk 220s one copper and one brass.
The micro usb port on the copper one has died and the brass one has a broken button.
Have looked all over the net at UK sites to try and buy replacements but they too old and discontinued now.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom