What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Finally Getting Into Rebuildables

No idea :( ive been juicing it loads every 5-10 puffs

It still vapes just like it did when i first got it, no smokey or dry hits
That's why we clean coils every now and then or why you used to throw your old ones away. The only difference is you couldn't see it on your old coil heads.
Think of vg like a liquid sugar. The gunk gradually sticks to the coils.

Just dry burn them every few days as described previously. (remove wick...... Glow, water, glow, water etc etc.) all that cack will come off.

It's all good.

That's why we clean coils every now and then or why you used to throw your old ones away. The only difference is you couldn't see it on your old coil heads.
Think of vg like a liquid sugar. The gunk gradually sticks to the coils.

Just dry burn them every few days as described previously. (remove wick...... Glow, water, glow, water etc etc.) all that cack will come off.

It's all good.

Phew, i was worrying then, i'll do that tomorrow when i next change my cotton :D

I'm now using cotton bacon and everything is running smoothly, thanks for all of the input everyone :)

I'm now using cotton bacon and everything is running smoothly, thanks for all of the input everyone :)
Now you have run them for a day or so. Give the screws that clamp the coil in place a little tighten when you remember or next wick. The heat and cool process can loosten the plates a little. No biggie or worry with coils that size but when you move onto finer wire it can make a difference to the ohms if they loosten.
Nice work mate.

Last edited:
I've got all my stuff packed for a house move but if any of you guys has another single coil rda in the back of the cuboard that they could coil and wick with a simple 0.4/5 24 awg for venomx it may be handy to help learn too.
If not I will dig something out when I move on the 31st. I've got an original avocado somewhere that may suit and cut down on wicking issues too.
@VenomX drop me a line in the first week of September and I will have a look for some other stuff. I'm sure I've got spare coil making bar's and wire ext.

I've just put

I've just put an SXK Le Concorde on my squeeze and its absolutely perfect, it fits flush, looks great and it vapes better than any other squonk rda I've tried in the last few months (Soul S, Hadaly, Hussar RDTA, Dee Solo, Armor) I've really struggled to get a decent low power vape and at 30-40w the concorde really sings It reminds me alot of the Narda (another great option) also if you want a MTL type vape in the future you can flip the top cap and use it like that.
I've been enjoying le Concorde for the last week or so. Built like a brick outhouse but it still gets a little warm. I may have to pick up a pei top which is a shame as it's a piece of art deco beauty. I don't even run it above 20w. Flavour is excellent though. Not as good as the strike for mtl bit still very good.

Back
Top Bottom