What's new

Fat Daddy NC upgrade kit...worth getting? And what dripper?

Chuck Norris

Achiever
Finally took the plunge and bought the Noisy Cricket :) Haven't bought a mech for a while since getting stuck on the regulated train! So keen to try this one but is the FD upgrade kit worth getting?

Also looking for a suitable dripper, I've been using mainly a snapdragon & Hadaly the last few months (prefer the snappy) but also have a Velocity here to fall back on. Any others to consider?

Batteries I've got some HG2 & HG6's so should be ok there. Usually build around 0.5 - 0.8ohms.

The Fat Daddy is a must.
As for atties, something nice and airy. Doge V3?
To be honest, the minimum atty diameter I use for series builds is 24mm....

Awrite Dai ;) Velocity will be the minimum you need for a noisy cricket, and the pair go well together - I ran a Velocity v2/NC combo for a wee while and it was great at 0.5, wee bit rowdy until you get used to it. Get some of smut's fused claptons in whatever atty you use, they rock!

I tried in a single coil build in the Snappy with cloud cap at 1ohm and it couldn't wick fast enough, man that was a helluva dry hit!

The Fat Daddy is a must.
As for atties, something nice and airy. Doge V3?
To be honest, the minimum atty diameter I use for series builds is 24mm....

Thanks budd I'll order the kit today. Kicking myself now for not picking up a couple Doge's in the tpd sales!!!! I'll grab a clone off FT :)

Awrite Dai ;) Velocity will be the minimum you need for a noisy cricket, and the pair go well together - I ran a Velocity v2/NC combo for a wee while and it was great at 0.5, wee bit rowdy until you get used to it. Get some of smut's fused claptons in whatever atty you use, they rock!

I tried in a single coil build in the Snappy with cloud cap at 1ohm and it couldn't wick fast enough, man that was a helluva dry hit!

Hello Steve :)

Yeah had 3 pairs of Smuts Fused Claptons last week, excellent quality. Got duals in the snappy and one each in the Hadaly and Rose3, they really bring the flavours out in the Rose!! Lush!! I've got the Dadelus coming from GB just need to get some decent wire then I'll try making a few myself.

I need to check what Velocity I've got here, was one of the first ones on FT. Is the v2 much better?

Thanks budd I'll order the kit today. Kicking myself now for not picking up a couple Doge's in the tpd sales!!!! I'll grab a clone off FT :)

I'd be sticking to an authentic on a series mod. Bit iffy shoving a clone of unknown quality on it.
Kick yourself no longer. I've an authentic in SS. Don't use it, I've been keeping it just for the ceramic drip tip! Still haven't got another atty it fits.
PM me if you would like it, boxed with all the various post options etc.

I'd be sticking to an authentic on a series mod. Bit iffy shoving a clone of unknown quality on it.
Kick yourself no longer. I've an authentic in SS. Don't use it, I've been keeping it just for the ceramic drip tip! Still haven't got another atty it fits.
PM me if you would like it, boxed with all the various post options etc.

Thanks for the offer, I've got an Indestructible on its way here and just remembered I've got an Aeronaut upstairs I bought last year! Forgot all about that one! Bought the FD upgrade kit so should be set now for some heafty clouds next week :)

Picked up a few bargain drippers today at the local vape shop so should be set now for the NC :)

Twisted messes
Tsunami
SubZero

10 quid each!!! Had to be done. The Twisted Messes is fantastic!!!!! Really REALLY good :) Yet to try the other two but both look pretty beefy!!

Picked up a few bargain drippers today at the local vape shop so should be set now for the NC :)

Twisted messes
Tsunami
SubZero

10 quid each!!! Had to be done. The Twisted Messes is fantastic!!!!! Really REALLY good :) Yet to try the other two but both look pretty beefy!!
Can't go wrong with any of those.
Nice little haul for 30 squids.....
Enjoy, check, then double check your builds before popping them on the NC.

Can't go wrong with any of those.
Nice little haul for 30 squids.....
Enjoy, check, then double check your builds before popping them on the NC.

Yeah so far so good :)

I've stuck identical 0.25ohm dual coil builds in the following with some regular Claptons. Best is the twisted messes, getting a nice smooth vape compared to the others. I'll try a couple different builds in this tomorrow around 0.6ohms and above, 0.25's a bit too hot for me and from what I've read way too low for the NC to stay safe. Really like this one though :)

Found my Velocity and stuck the same build in it, still can't get the hang of this one and get the airflow how I like.

Back
Top Bottom