What's new

Every last drop!

Mitz

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm either very tight or I'm a late bloomer. I'm hoping you, my fellow apes, can help me to work out which.

When I first started vaping I would fill my tank up and when I got to the end of the bottle of juice I was using I would squeeze out as much as was possible with the last few drops squeezed out being the customary airy froth. I would then bin the bottle and crack the seal on a new one. This all worked fine and I never gave it a second thought.

Eventually I made the inevitable leap in to the world of dripping, rda's and rdta's. And then one day I ran out of my favorite juice. I squeezed out the last bit of frothy goodness and put the bottle down to vape. When I picked it up again I noticed there was still what looked like a drop or two at the bottom of the bottle that just wouldn't come out no matter how long I held it upside down or how hard I squeezed. So I got a bit of tissue, wrapped it around the tip and bit down and yanked it off. Tipped the bottle over my coil and watched as around 8 drops of delicious berry goodness bombed my coil. I couldn't get any more out but there still looked like there was one drop left in the bottle. So I got a thick sewing needle and poked a hole in the bottom edge. Squeezed it and another 3 drops came out. Now this may not sound like much but from then on I started keeping the bottles in a draw after I got the frothy last drop. And when my nautilus 2 tank became empty I decided to poke a hole in the bottom of my bottles and see how much it filled my tank. FOUR EMPTY BOTTLES poked with a hole and squeezed out later and my nautilus was FULL.

When I think of all the bottles I threw away thinking they were empty I can't help but wonder just how many ml's of perfectly good, and very expensive, juice I fed to the bin.

Am I alone in this or does anybody else make sure they get every single drop, above and beyond what you can squeeze out the conventional way?

I think a lot of people will be shocked at just how much is actually left in the bottle when you can't squeeze any more out normally and it appears to be finished. I know I was.

I'm either very tight or I'm a late bloomer. I'm hoping you, my fellow apes, can help me to work out which.

When I first started vaping I would fill my tank up and when I got to the end of the bottle of juice I was using I would squeeze out as much as was possible with the last few drops squeezed out being the customary airy froth. I would ten bin the bottle and crack the seal on a new one. This all worked fine and I never gave it a second thought.

Eventually I made the inevitable leap in to the world of dripping, rda's and rdta's. And then one day I ran out of my favorite juice. I squeezed out the last bit of frothy goodness and put the bottle down to vape. When I picked it up again I noticed there was still what looked like a drop or two at the bottom of the bottle that just wouldn't come out no matter how hard I squeezed. So I got a bit of tissue, wrapped it around the tip and bit down and yanked it off. Tipped the bottle over my coil and watched as around 8 drops of delicious berry goodness bombed my coil. I couldn't get any more out but there still looked like there was one drop left in the bottle. So I got a thick sewing needle and poked a hole in the bottom edge. Squeezed it and another 3 drops came out. Now this may not sound like much but from then on I started keeping the bottles in a draw after I got the frothy last drop. And when my nautilus 2 tank became empty I decided to poke a hole in the bottom of my bottles and see how much it filled my tank. FOUR EMPTY BOTTLES poked with a hole and squeezed out later and my nautilus was FULL.

When I think of all the bottles I threw away thinking they were empty I can't help but wonder just how many ml's of perfectly good, and very expensive, juice I fed to the bin.

Am I alone in this or does anybody else make sure they get every single drop above and beyond what you can squeeze out the conventional way?

I think a lot of people will be shocked at just how much is actually left in the bottle when you can't squeeze any more out normally and it appears to be finished. I know I was.

Yeah, been there myself.
30ml bottle of juice (pre TPD)
Used it all, left it on the table overnight.
It drained down the sides, there was a bit left............

At this point I had started DIY mixing, so I got my 2.5ml syringe out, and got another 3ml out of the bottle !

Do this all the time now, otherwise you are throwing away 10% of of your juice..................

When I first started vaping I would fill my tank up and when I got to the end of the bottle of juice I was using I would squeeze out as much as was possible with the last few drops squeezed out being the customary airy froth. I would then bin the bottle and crack the seal on a new one. This all worked fine and I never gave it a second thought.

Eventually I made the inevitable leap in to the world of dripping, rda's and rdta's. And then one day I ran out of my favorite juice. I squeezed out the last bit of frothy goodness and put the bottle down to vape. When I picked it up again I noticed there was still what looked like a drop or two at the bottom of the bottle that just wouldn't come out no matter how long I held it upside down or how hard I squeezed. So I got a bit of tissue, wrapped it around the tip and bit down and yanked it off. Tipped the bottle over my coil and watched as around 8 drops of delicious berry goodness bombed my coil. I couldn't get any more out but there still looked like there was one drop left in the bottle. So I got a thick sewing needle and poked a hole in the bottom edge. Squeezed it and another 3 drops came out. Now this may not sound like much but from then on I started keeping the bottles in a draw after I got the frothy last drop. And when my nautilus 2 tank became empty I decided to poke a hole in the bottom of my bottles and see how much it filled my tank. FOUR EMPTY BOTTLES poked with a hole and squeezed out later and my nautilus was FULL.

Am I alone in this or does anybody else make sure they get every single drop, above and beyond what you can squeeze out the conventional way?

Oh yes....I am from Yorkshire and it is inbred :)
If I waste or spill any juice I am in tears :(
When I am down to the last drips I cut the bottles in half with a sharp knife to extract the remaining juice. It works :)

Not far off myself.
I decant into 30ml unicorn bottles so it's easier to carry out and about. They don't go in the bin but are reused. All others go in the bin after I've squeezed them dry. That's my hard earned in those bottles, and ALL that valuable juice is needed to help keep me off the smokes.
The only juice I've ever dumped, is the c..p I don't like, can't alter or wish on my worst enemy.

Tried taking the lid off ? Some squirty bottles you can take the lid off and pour the liquid directly into wherever you want

When I used to buy 10ml bottles of juice, I'd squeeze out as much as possible, then replace the cap and stand the bottle upside down in an egg cup, to stop it falling over, then, put it back in cupboard and start another bottle. By the time that bottle was 'empty', I'd get the last bottle I'd used out, and put the latest one in the egg cup. If filling my Triton mini (2ml capacity) the 'empty' bottle would fill the tank half way at the least. It's amazing how much gathers at the top of the bottle you thought was empty.

Back
Top Bottom