What's new

E-juice, Finding your flavours...

What % of E-juice you buy to taste do you usually like and buy again?

• <5%

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • 5-10%

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • 10-25%

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • 25-50%

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • 50-75%

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • 75%-100%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
It's really easy to get carried away with all the different flavours and brands but I'd recommend starting to be a little more selective. As long as you have a couple you like stick with those and maybe try one or two more a month from the same ranges/manufacturers that you like.

I was lucky to start and found a couple I liked straight away, but after getting through a few bottles they lost their flavour or for some strange reason I no longer liked them. I’ve recently gone back to 1 of them, and still no flavour. I think my taste buds are still all over the place, which is why I’ve not got rid of them yet, I’m hoping I’ll like them again or the flavour comes back. I am finding more and more that I am a fruit guy, as appealing as the tobacco and custards/desserts are, I just don’t think they are for me.

I used to try out different brands but not much anymore. I will sometimes try something new if it's recommended on here.

I can't even be bothered to try different liquids any more. The number of times I've loaded up a tank, all excited, and it's not even half gone before I'm tipping it out and replacing it with chiri.

I must have tried a few hundred different liquids in my first 18 months of vaping. I've repeat bought Dinner Lady tobaccos and Druids a few times. Otherwise it's Manabush, DIY or GTFO.
Once you've got the taste for the 'bush.... Nothing else will do.

It's what @Simon G just said in another thread. They're desertey and sweet, but they've got a 'grown up' angle to them that makes them stand out from the crowd.

im going too sound really boring, but i tend too stick with my usual flavours , sometimes i will try a new juice because people on here highly recomend..

Very similar to a lot of replies. There are about 2 eliquids I buy regular both druids brew tobaccos, I do try new stuff and some are ok, but never then usually buy them on a regular basis.

I'm in the group that really can't taste the juice unless it is a really strong flavor. I even tried DIY ejuice and if I got the ejuice so I could taste it all I tasted was a dry perfume type of taste. I got so fed up with the elusive ejuice that I just mixed up my ejuice without any flavoring at all. So simple and frustration-free. Another side benefit is that my coils don't gunk up and seem to last forever. I admit it isn't for everybody but it works for me. My 60 PG/40 VG 12 mg/ml is simple and cheap. I'm all about cheap and easy.
JC

I find vapers' tales of their flavour experience very interesting. Everyone seems to be unique though some express their experience in similar ways.
A couple of weeks into vaping and it was obvious to me that two things drive most of the cost 1. proprietory coils and 2. juice. The fix for the first was to get into rebuildables, that was easy enough. The fix for the second was to make my own juice ... the process is simple enough for anyone who can make a cup of tea but learning to mix flavours has a learning curve.

Some things I've noticed about my experiences with flavour. I started out like many buying cheap shit and then being amazed when I came across some good quality stuff. The difference is huge, sadly so is the price differential. I also found with some of the better quality juice that the initial wow moment subsided fast. A repeat buy always lead to a disappointment. With a lot of juices, no matter how well crafted, I found that it would lose it's appeal within a week and I'd be glad when the last of it had gone.

With DIY I went through highs and lows, it was always two steps forward and one step back. I went through manic-depressive phases of testing and trialling loads of flavours and recipes, then having to take time out to just vape what I like for a few weeks, or months. I have a stack of recipes that I like, some I can vape more often than others, some I have vaped on for years and can still vape constantly. Who knows when I'll next have a manic phase of testing? It used to suprise me that relatively few vapers would even try let alone make a go of DIY ... doesn't surprise me any more.

One of the best things about DIY for me has been selling juice to friends who I've persuaded to switch from smoking. Vaping has cost me nothing for over 4 years now.

Whenever I get the chance I like to try a few juices, Expos are great for this. 99.9% of it is just meh and I won't part with money for it.

I've given up listening to anyone else's opinion on juice, it's too personal. If they like it, that's fine. If they want to spend their money on it, that's fine too.

I have ran the gamut of all sorts of juices. I do fall in and out of love with flavours. My staples or ADV’s are definitely Manabush Omusa, Firewater 4(I don’t even like Bourbon) and a new love, the Revolucion range. Pacha Mama Apple tobacco Nic salts are very good. I’m never without Dinner lady lemon tart in 50-50. I also really like Prime Vapes, Limesicle made more MTL friendly. I think I mainly like tobacco’s and fruits in particular Manabush tobacco’s but not all of the range. I don’t mind a blast on DTL now and again and like Zap Snow pear. I also really enjoy Egg Nog and Pear Brulèe again from the House of Manabush. You get a signature flavour I believe and you just know it’s by these wizards of juice.

I believe, for me anyway it’s weather dependant. Tobacco and deserts for winter and fruits in warmer weather but still, I do both. Even Elements which I tried when I first started out, I picked up again recently and really enjoyed the Tangerine, Pink Lemonade and Far grape. Don’t throw them away, when you revisit them they are often better as your kit changes or building ability and understanding improves. Not strawberry though, Never ever! [emoji1785]

Back
Top Bottom