What's new

E-juice, Finding your flavours...

What % of E-juice you buy to taste do you usually like and buy again?

• <5%

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • 5-10%

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • 10-25%

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • 25-50%

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • 50-75%

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • 75%-100%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

fil

Postman
I find it very frustrating when buying e-juice to taste and see if i like it.. generally its all 'meh'.. And i was wondering where i sit on that particular curve, is my experience of tasting way too many meh/yuk e-juice concoctions to find the occasional 'mmmm' the norm or off to the far end of the scale??
Just a bit of fun, no science ambitions here.. ;)

Hardly any, been vaping for a long long time now and I only have two go to liquids. They are Manabush and DIY Inawera Am4a 2%. Doesn't mean I haven't liked other stuff, just not enough to purchase again.

I find most juice tastes way too diluted if that makes sense, like when you make orange juice or something to drink from concentrate and you add far too much water. Doesn't matter if I'm using rebuildables or stock coil MTL setups, most juice I can barely taste.

I also have a curse where I get used to any liquid I vape, within a few hours. So I'm mostly vaping cool tasteless vapour. My first year or two of vaping I didn't get that, but ever since then it had been a constant curse. I stuck some of my Am4a mix in with a fresh coil two hours ago, haven't vaped it for a week or so, tasted great at first, now I can barely taste it...

Your experience fits mine. I have tried liquid after liquid looking for those ones that make me go "oh fuck yeah, that is some tasty shit" but most liquids I find very meh or very muted in flavour. Some liquids are just downright nasty or have one flavour that is overpowering to the point of sickly. I now tend to just stick to the flavours I know and like, though I am starting to dabble with mixing so maybe I'll be able to create something that suits me. Who am I kidding, I'll still keep trying flavours searching for more to add to my rotation :D

I have never bought a juice I really liked.
I have probably only tried less than 50.
The best were not too bad.

Even the not too bad ones could be improved by diluting the flavour.
I can knock together a diy juice I like more in a few minutes.

If I buy juice these days it will be because I have not taken enough diy with me or because I want some high nic. In both cases I will buy a nic shot and vape that knowing I will enjoy it better than any flavour I could buy.

I've spent the best part of a year pissing about with different ways of vaping and different juices. I've found what works for me and I plan on sticking with it. So in answer to yer question, I'm staying with Mr Manabush.

It's changed ... at first it was about 60% (I was lucky, I found some good ones I liked right away from Manabush and Digbys) then as I tried more it got less and less probably down to <5% I kept trying bakeries and desserts that had DAAP replacements in them and they all tasted vile to me, either pukey or just weird. I'm not a big fruit fan either and 90% of liquids seem to be simple fruit combinations.

I think most e-liquids taste 'meh' to be honest, but they all taste better than fags so I don't care all that much.

I experiment with DIY for fun but I could happily vape M&P callipitter chow, WF cinnamon pastry or Cap gingerbread on it's own all day.

Good to know im not alone at the bottom end of the poll ;)

I think most e-liquids taste 'meh' to be honest, but they all taste better than fags so I don't care all that much.

Perhaps this is the wisdom i have simply overlooked..

I can't even be bothered to try different liquids any more. The number of times I've loaded up a tank, all excited, and it's not even half gone before I'm tipping it out and replacing it with chiri.

I must have tried a few hundred different liquids in my first 18 months of vaping. I've repeat bought Dinner Lady tobaccos and Druids a few times. Otherwise it's Manabush, DIY or GTFO.

I’ve not long started vaping (Feb), and I’ve really struggled to find juice I like. Even the ones others recommend just doesn’t get on with my taste buds. Ive got 17 shortfills open currently, with only 3 that I’ll keep going back to. I don’t know what to do with it all. I’ve got another 15 unopened at the moment, but I don’t want to open them until I’ve done something with the opened ones. No one I know vapes, so I’m kinda stuck. I’ve also had around another 20 that were nasty and been chucked. So I’m probably in the <5% club.

I’ve not long started vaping (Feb), and I’ve really struggled to find juice I like. Even the ones others recommend just doesn’t get on with my taste buds. Ive got 17 shortfills open currently, with only 3 that I’ll keep going back to. I don’t know what to do with it all. I’ve got another 15 unopened at the moment, but I don’t want to open them until I’ve done something with the opened ones. No one I know vapes, so I’m kinda stuck. I’ve also had around another 20 that were nasty and been chucked. So I’m probably in the <5% club.

It's really easy to get carried away with all the different flavours and brands but I'd recommend starting to be a little more selective. As long as you have a couple you like stick with those and maybe try one or two more a month from the same ranges/manufacturers that you like.

Back
Top Bottom