What's new

DripHacks liquids - no taste?

gloks

Initiate
I can't tell if I'm just being really stupid here or what, but over the last few months I've had some strange experiences with liquids from Driphacks. About 2 months back I ordered the Verdani liquid which was dubbed as a Key Lime Pie kinda flavour. Gave it a blast and didn't note much flavour to it at all, steeped it for a week and was no better. Same thing with the Milk Boy liquid which was cereal/milk/yoghurt, only way I could sum both of those up was tasting very dry. Got in two smaller bottles of the brain twister and sparkout liquids this morning, twister lolly and vimto respectively which both have rave reviews yet same thing - both smell great and pretty close to their counterparts, yet I can't taste a thing. And no, I don't have loss of taste from Covid as other liquids from them (cheshire custard, blueberry, doctor coola) taste absolutely bang on.

Currently running them in a Crown 5, threw em in a Falcon 2 and it's the same kinda deal. Is this a mistake on my end and I should really be running the liquids with a dripper? I would've thought pre steeped 70/30 would still be decent, but I apologize if there's some glaring omission here.

Only one out of all those I have tried is Sparkout and it was pretty good, I've only ever used their hackshots though. Maybe contact them, but they will want you to return the bottles to them for testing and there may be nothing wrong with them as far as they are concerned.

If I am totally honest, I have gone off DH but only really because my tastes have changed, not because any of the ones I have had were especially bad.

I still have a full 250ml bottle of blood of vikings which has been sat there for months now, I just don't really like it anymore.

I use the Hackshots, but not the flavours you have said but have never had any problems with them and always mix 80/20 and squonk and use in RDTA. Seems strange, would contact like has been said just to see what they say, you don't no unless you ask :)

Last edited:
Only one of theirs I vape is Black Mamba, seems fine to me but the concentrate was bought a while ago, their processes might have changed.

Only one of theirs I vape is Black Mamba, seems fine to me but the concentrate was bought a while ago, their processes might have changed.
I will say i have noticed the Mango changed a little bit every now and again, not sure what but looked bit different in colour, but still taste the same at the end of steep

I will say i have noticed the Mango changed a little bit every now and again, not sure what but looked bit different in colour, but still taste the same at the end of steep
Bit more oxidation of the nic no doubt.

No it was the flavours, even before nic was added, almost had a pink tinge to it but still a good vape.
Was strange as not seen this before. but the nic does have different colour now and again, but its down to the age and time its been in said bottle i think

All the liquids I have tried from them have all stated 6 week steep time, blood of Vikings tastes very good after 6 weeks... I'm 4 weeks into a steep on brain twister and butter boy so not tried them yet... I would have thought you should at least have some flavour initially without steeping though, as the guys above say, I would contact them...

One more thing did you use the bottle provided or other bottles?
And you have added the right amount of VG/PG & Nic (silly question i no).

One more thing did you use the bottle provided or other bottles?
And you have added the right amount of VG/PG & Nic (silly question i no).
I think OP is using the shortfills they do, which should be "shake and vape" AFAIK.

Back
Top Bottom