What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Drip tip science or preference?

Mr Ripple

Legend
I think a poor drip tip can burry a tank or RDA before its given a fair trial.
Look at the Manta for example (apologies to the lovers of this tip) its imo terrible. Looks great but not comfortable to toot on at all.
The latest "rip tips" again look great but seem to mute the vape, well for me they do.
Im always swapping drip tips on my RTA's and it changes the vape for me a lot.
Ive just changed to a narrow 810 from a wide bore 810 and had to lower the watts by 10 to get the same vape as it seems to be drawing more air through the tank.
Preference or science? Or is it both?

I think it must be both ...... I'm sure there is science behind how tips vape but whether you like it or not must be personal preference.

I've never bought an aftermarket drip tip. Didn't think it would beneficial. Only recently i tried a different tip from another attie on an rda and the difference is remarkable for good or bad to me they make a difference. I didn't know that drip tips made a bad vape better or worse but they do. At the moment its all witchcraft to me but its a thing.Drip tips do make a change in flavour and comfort with a vape. I've lots to learn.

I’m not sure if I’ve ever used a tank with the tip it’s shipped with for more than 5 minutes. Possibly except the kf 4

All my atties have custom tips now after years of using standard ones. A good one makes a huge difference on the right tank/atty for flavour, but they also seem more ...substantial in the gub.

What is a good drip tip ? and where can i get some from. I see things like pom . pmma whats the difference.

What is a good drip tip ? and where can i get some from. I see things like pom . pmma whats the difference.
Teflon is good for avoiding mouth cheese compared to SS etc. I buy my tips from Vince's tips on Facebook - couple of mine here

O4qtmzgm.jpg

I love the feel of resin tips and have them on every tank.

They're cheap as chips from FT, and I particularly like this 810 tip - it's a nice shape and the bore isn't quite as monstrous as the standard Smok ones:

Tip2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom