What's new

Does anyone still build?

Simple kanthal builds in a couple of SXK prime-alikes for MTL. VV only, not interested in TC or even VW and no nicotine. I don't know why I bother vaping... :)

Building coils is one of the things I most enjoy about vaping, I love to waste a couple of hours making coils and rewicking my tanks even sometimes when they don't really need it just because I can!! Very simple Kanthal coils though, nothing fancy.

I used to love walking into a vape shop and it being full of vape like some bazaar shop and people spinning drills cause some new coil had been invented. Good times [emoji1303]

I don't use any stock-coil tanks, only rta's.

But, I quickly became bored with wrapping my own wire. So now I just buy pre-wrapped coils (at 10-25p each, which will last 4-6 months, it just doesn't seem worth all the faff.

Same here, only building - don't own a stock coil tank. I don't use pre made coils, for my kayfun prime i just wind it myself (28g 6wrap, no effort at all), and for my drippers etc i use pre-made wire, but still wind myself.

I used stock coil tanks before (in fact that's where i, like many others, started) like the Nautilus 2, Nautilus Mini - but just before i was going to pull the trigger on a high end stock coil mtl tank (Kabuki from HoH, $200 and uses Aspire stock coils), i figured i give a Kayfun V3 Mini clone a shot - instantly converted, 6 weeks later ordered a Prime from germany.

I'd bet that most "serious" MTL vapers (as in, not someone who just got off smoking with an MTL tank but sticks with it) use rebuildables.

I dont use stock coils anymore just buy spools of wire my hands are to big to trying make my on coils and dont have the patience anymore to do things like that ............

Good to see you back @geordievaper - that was a long break :D On the pods a lot of the time, waiting for one that you can stick your own little coils in... Apart from that 0.7ohm build in the Exocet in the BB and odds and sods on the squonkers.

Get yourself a minifit, it’s pretty straightforward to take the pod apart and change the coil and cotton. Just need some nr r nr wire.

Stock coils don't do it for me, every tank I have tried which used a stock coil has never been kept long.

I used to do all kinds of wires with a Daedalus wire maker but since I only MTL anymore I stick to kanthal or ss simple coils, contact, spaced or twisted.
Sometimes I make some superfine Clapton wire but lately I have had a period in which I just didn’t feel like it and used premade coils for rta’s.
Apart from that the Nautilus mini has never been out of rotation and I keep a Crown 1 in my cupboard just in case.
The Zeltu X and Minifit are the pods of my choice and once in a while a Aio eco.

There’s something so wonderfully cathartic about building a coil.

I pop in a premade Clapton from time to time, but I’m still to work out if it’s a better vape than a normal coil. I’m not sure it is.

Back
Top Bottom