What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Does anyone still build?

geordievaper

Postman
So I was thinking, back when I started dripping there was only a couple of places you could get Kanthal wire from and the clapton coil wasn't even a thing. I must admit when I moved to sub ohm tanks I stopped really watching vape channels on youtube and interacting with the community (for about 2 1/2 years)

With the availability of cheap coils and all the new decent sub ohm tanks, does anyone still make their own coils for their RDA/RTA's? Some of the guys such as Twisted Messes etc haven't posted a coil build video for a couple of years...

Always Matey. I don't own one device that uses Premade Coils. :)
RTAs, RDA's build em all, even Mesh Builds :)

I only use coils I make myself. I don't do fancy, complicated builds - simple kanthal does me just fine.

Always Matey. I don't own one device that uses Premade Coils. :)
RTAs, RDA's build em all, even Mesh Builds :)

Love that mate, I'm using a premade coil at the minute, but I'm looking forward to spinning up some coils, can't beat the feeling when you look at a coil and think "nailed it"

Too right :) That said, there are plenty of times when they need a tweak to get them just right.

I’m too ham fisted to make my own wire. Tried it and failed miserably. But I only use drippers and always coil them myself with some help from Mr Geekvape and Mr Coilogy.

Aside from in the pod. But that’s out of necessity rather than out and out choice.

I do kanthal simple coils for my MTL tanks and fused/claptons for the single coil squonking and sometimes staggered fused for DTL tanks, for the mechs it's just simple Ni80 usually.

I'm pretty much the same as Rob, I do have a couple of things that take premades but they don't get used much, I don't bother with buying the fancy coils , had a couple of @smuts last year they were good and fun for upsetting the neibours bit for everyday stuff it's just simple quick 0.4 ish coils

Back
Top Bottom