What's new

Does anyone actually vape at 200 watts plus?

I would buy a 200W mod to run at 50W as in my brain that wouldn't stress the mod too much :hmm:

See that's how I look at it. Running dual 21700 30A batteries not only gives me longer between charges but also means the batteries can take the power in their stride which is good for battery safety.

I'm thinking 6w and you the daddy :thumbup:

My mod can get down to 5W. Does that make me the 'mummy'?

Wasn't there a horror film called The Mummy? :hmm:

3f3d1218e1ed945519ff9e0009fd8861.gif

I get close to 200w on a mech with a 0.08-0.09 build, and sometimes I like a little tootlepuff at 14-16w. But I certainly wouldn't try to ridicule anyone for vaping in a fashion that I don't myself.

It's just a question I have pondered many times, what sort of gauge wire would you use, what would be the benefit, why would you want to? my range tends to be somewhere between 35 and 65 watts using builds of around 0.15 to 0.5 ohms usually wrapping 26 gauge stainless steel round a 3mm to 3.5mm post. I did manage to up the wattage by mistake in my pocket to 175w and when I took a hit, I thought the inside of my lungs had started boiling! not at all a pleasurable experience.
Is high wattage vaping just akin to 'my cars faster than your car' or is there some tangible benefits to it. Thoughts anyone?

You'd need a lot of wire, those super thick chunky things, I've vaped at 100w on a single coil, so if that was a dual coil you'd be looking at 200w,I guess... I don't know what it was, maybe a quad core of some description. .... anyway, 100w was hardly even getting that coil hot. It's nothing like firing 100w through a single strand of 26awg. The 'benefit' to be gained is a lot of vapour, not nessesarily heat. That 100w actually felt cooler than a typical MTL vape.

I think the 200w mods are just because the batteries used in them are capable rather than the demand for 200w.
Manufacturers just use it as bigger number = better, same with cars top speed of how much over the legal limit.

I get close to 200w on a mech with a 0.08-0.09 build, and sometimes I like a little tootlepuff at 14-16w. But I certainly wouldn't try to ridicule anyone for vaping in a fashion that I don't myself.
Some people like to chug Special Brew and some like to sip Lambrini, I suppose it's all just horses for courses. I was just wondering what was of benifit from higher wattage, as an occasional high wattage vaper yourself, in your opinion what do you find it brings? .

You'd need a lot of wire, those super thick chunky things, I've vaped at 100w on a single coil, so if that was a dual coil you'd be looking at 200w,I guess... I don't know what it was, maybe a quad core of some description. .... anyway, 100w was hardly even getting that coil hot. It's nothing like firing 100w through a single strand of 26awg. The 'benefit' to be gained is a lot of vapour, not nessesarily heat. That 100w actually felt cooler than a typical MTL vape.
Ah, now that I get. Only using between 24 to 30 gauge wire it doesn't take a lot of power, might have to invest in some larger gauge wire and give it a try.

Ah, now that I get. Only using between 24 to 30 gauge wire it doesn't take a lot of power, might have to invest in some larger gauge wire and give it a try.

Or try twisting 3 or 4 strands together....

I think there is a point where it becomes pointless though and you are just making yourself need more power for the sake of it and not getting anything in return and it just becomes an inefficient coil.

The DTL guys have the builds that work down now though, where you don't need excessive power but are still getting a lot of vapour... but I'm not one of those guys, so it's no use talking to me. :D

The DTL guys have the builds that work down now though, where you don't need excessive power but are still getting a lot of vapour... but I'm not one of those guys, so it's no use talking to me. :D

Well I'm not one of those either. I just did a bit of research and took my best guess and have been fortunate to stumble on a build that's really performing for me but my knowledge is tiny compared to some around here.

Back
Top Bottom