What's new

Different drip tips - Different flavour?

has anyone noticed when they use different drip tips they get different flavour plus more or less heat or is it just me that's fucked in the head
I'm sitting here happily vaping my homebrew but I chnged drip tips on my taifun from a straight ss wo the taifun one and the taste is slightly better with the taifun one with ss I get more of mentholly taste than I do when using my wodden ones.
and obviously the shorter my drip tip is the warmer the vapour is thats why I always use my long drip tip when dripping it cools it down just a little bit to where I like it.
Tell me I'm not imagining things folks:doh::woot::hmm::stinker:

I've noticed that too, well a different kind of throat hit depending on which tip I use.

You're right - apart from when dripping at low ohms I tend to use fairly short SS drip tips as I just like the feel (and look) of metal.

I've been thinking about this recently as I've just got hold of the new Kayfun Lite Plus and it comes with a different drip tip. Svoemesto claimed that the old trip tip had a tapered point which made the flavour of the juice more intense and whilst I agree with this to a point, the new drip tip has a slightly wider and straight bore allowing more air through it, which generates more vapour and I prefer it so I guess it's not just the material and length but the bore as well.

SB.

A longer drip tip will cool the vape down slightly as well.

I agree that it must have a lot to do with the length. I've got a teeny weeny snub SS drip tip that I really like, but it does give a very slight metallic taste, longer ones don't and if I use one of my very ancient old delrin whistle tips (the ones with the small hole) everything tastes completely different to the verge of feeling 'just wrong'. Strangely enough I still get my 'best and most comfy' vape from those cheap and nasty plastic puke yellow or weak red drip tips that came with the old £4.99 platsic/delrin capped DCC carto tanks (once they get that 'schoolboy chewed up biro feel to 'em) :P

Last edited:
I agree!

The funny big bent tip is sooo nice and complements my vape! The rotating one is ok.

Was gona post exactly the same thread this morning ;)

totally, but I dont know why. Nothing ever tastes as good as vaping through a cherry vapes drip tip for me. I love my mings but i recently we back to my pawn (or little nipple as I call it!) that the lovely Dexter gave me and it has become my favourite. I thing it is to do with many factors including bore hole and material. I hate metal drip tips although the kayfun one is pretty good. I do loves me driptips :D

You will get a different flavour with different tips, Factors affecting flavour include: Tip material, bore size, bore shape, inlet hole size, outlet hole size, tip length, tip weight, tip surface area... Not a comprehensive list but almost all of them seem to affect flavour...:diy:

i was quite surprise with a drip tip made with pyrex, was good. Anyway i havent tried many drip tips so i bought a small collection each from different materials so i can have an idea which one like the most

Pyrex is the least intrusive flavour wise, it has no intrinsic taste of it's own and is almost entirely chemically neutral in a vaping enviroment...

Back
Top Bottom