What's new

Diacetyl

littleclouds

Postman
Been doing some reading today about it and from what I can gather I can’t find anything to back up why it’s banned
I understand there was the popcorn lung incident in a factory where workers were harmed but not why diacetyl was named as the cause and why it’s now banned to put into our ejuice

today I found out that tobacco has much higher concentration of it ..so now including that and that I can find zero study’s I’m completely puzzled why this was even a thing and we are not allowed to vape on it

Been doing some reading today about it and from what I can gather I can’t find anything to back up why it’s banned
I understand there was the popcorn lung incident in a factory where workers were harmed but not why diacetyl was named as the cause and why it’s now banned to put into our ejuice

today I found out that tobacco has much higher concentration of it ..so now including that and that I can find zero study’s I’m completely puzzled why this was even a thing and we are not allowed to vape on it
You're correct.

Farsalinos did a study in the early days which demonstrated that while some liquids had diacetyl, almost all of them had substantially less than that found in fags.

The argument put about is that no smoker has died of popcorn lung. This is a bit disingenuous as smokers die from cancer or develop a lung disease that masks the symptoms. The fact is zero vapers developed popcorn lung from using diacetyl - and it was still in a lot of USA liquids (possibly still is).

So why is it banned? Because MEPs were dicks.

I can see both sides, a lot of people want e-liquid to be as 'safe' as it can be. ... which is understandable. The amounts we use isn't likely to do any damage, but it's not exactly 'good for you' either, along with a number of other flavouring compounds.

I can see both sides, a lot of people want e-liquid to be as 'safe' as it can be. ... which is understandable. The amounts we use isn't likely to do any damage, but it's not exactly 'good for you' either, along with a number of other flavouring compounds.

That's it.

Been asked alot about this, especially when it hits the newspapers when they decide to have their annual anti-vaping drive.

Many people switch off the fags as vaping is so much safer so I understand they want vaping to be as safe as possible. Get it completely.

For me personally... I smoked for well over a decade, I pumped all sorts of nasty, horrible shit into my lungs doing that so alittle diacetyl doesn't bother me in stuff that I vape, however I wouldn't expect others to feel the same and respect fact they want to avoid it.

it all started out with a disgruntled employee if my memory is correct. it was either five pawns or suicide bunny and it got blown out of proportion.
popcorn lung does not exist in anything to do with vape.
ive been using diacetyl for the past 6 years and im not going to stop anytime soon.

edit: still a sticky in the new user section https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/...corn-lung-diacetyl-rumour-please-read.136797/

Last edited:
You're correct.

Farsalinos did a study in the early days which demonstrated that while some liquids had diacetyl, almost all of them had substantially less than that found in fags.

The argument put about is that no smoker has died of popcorn lung. This is a bit disingenuous as smokers die from cancer or develop a lung disease that masks the symptoms. The fact is zero vapers developed popcorn lung from using diacetyl - and it was still in a lot of USA liquids (possibly still is).

So why is it banned? Because MEPs were dicks.

This is astonishing has there ever been a try to get it relooked into?

Nothing to worry about, sod all diacetyl in a vape, when compared to a fag.

There is nothing to relook into.
9 factory workers qnd 1 person who ate 2 bags of popcorn every day for 10 years.
Those are the only cases ever reported.

Whatever it was was most likely caused by inhaling the butter flavor dust.

Back
Top Bottom