What's new

Damn Vape Doom

Got fed up waiting for FT to get stock so ordered another one yesterday from ecig one as they seem to be the official uk distributor for these.
Got shipped message today so guess they do actually have stock :yahoo:

@Tazz @Martin Dadley
Vics vid on this is pretty good so not much more to say really.
Its built to very tight tolerances meaning it fits so snug all over ive been struggling with air replacement.
The mesh strips that come with it are not quite what they should be for example the 0.11ohm one came out at 0.9ohms and as i had already ditched the other one which actually read 0.11ohms it was onto a roll of mesh from VV.
After trying with ghe provided strips building all ways with what i thought was too much then too little cotton i ended up cutting a strip of VV ni80 mesh to the same size as the strips which came out at 0.06ohms.
To get anywhere with a 0.06 build I've ended up having to use a full labo puff pad as the wick.
It will puff at 75w but its only pushing just over 2v so not really vaporizing the juice very well so pushing it as high as possible (90w) till it verges on dry hitting it can't keep up as the vacuum is preventing juice replacement.
Ordered some 0.2ohm kylin m strips which should suit me better.
Not convinced on vics wicking method although it makes sense ive found wicking the wells like i normally would (just enough in the well entrance only) is much better.
I'd say I've not nailed it yet but not far off and convinced it will be great ill continue the preorder purchase from FT which still hasn't shipped yet.

Thanks for that. I find the wotofo 0.2ohm mesh is good at around 48 watts and give good flavour but a pretty cool vape.
You should try the ofrf mesh strips, which are great at 65 watts. Ofrf are also bringing out stainless steel mesh strips which should be good, I'll be picking some up when they are available.

@StrawberryRipple
Thanks for that. You got a better memory than I have. Good luck nailing it mate. It is an interesting looking tank and would be a shame if it turned out a dud. Fingers crossed.

Last edited:
Update.................
Still not getting air replacement despite meticulously stripping and examining this thing i cant see where to tweek the wicking to allow air to get back in to sort this out.

Ive reviewed vics vid again with the tank in front of me and noticed he would not have been able to put the deck back in the way he built it.
It would have been impossible with all the cotton overhanging like that so he must have edited the video to correct it at that point. :hmm::58::58::58:

Back
Top Bottom