What's new

custom duty on a pack of coils from China?!

Pretty sure mine is held in customs, was marked $20 (£16). I don't even care that much, (well, i am salty of course but all is fair) what annoys me is that it takes forever for customs to get back to you. I want my stuff, just notify me quicker so i can get it out of the way.

Impatience is a curse.

Pretty sure mine is held in customs, was marked $20 (£16). I don't even care that much, (well, i am salty of course but all is fair) what annoys me is that it takes forever for customs to get back to you. I want my stuff, just notify me quicker so i can get it out of the way.

Impatience is a curse.
Mine was stuck in customs for 20 days before I got a grey card...

from ft forum

"Dear valued customers:

To all the registered/regular airmail packages to UK, we will declare the package values as below:

1. The package value is above $15: we will declare the package as $15;

2. the package value is under $15: we will declare the package actual values.

If the declare value is HKD, we also will not declare above $15(under 118HKD)."

&

"except express mail DHL/EMS."

I think I would still put on hold and do a request, wouldnt want to be the first to just leave as is

from ft forum

"Dear valued customers:

To all the registered/regular airmail packages to UK, we will declare the package values as below:

1. The package value is above $15: we will declare the package as $15;

2. the package value is under $15: we will declare the package actual values.

If the declare value is HKD, we also will not declare above $15(under 118HKD)."

&

"except express mail DHL/EMS."

I think I would still put on hold and do a request, wouldnt want to be the first to just leave as is
About time.

I ordered on Monday and placed it on hold asking them to mark it down and sounded like they already had done

We will ship as your request and marked already on the order, please don't worry.

I had an order on hold, and asked them to mark it as $14. Got a reply saying they had marked it as $14 and will ship later today. Just got my shipping email, so went to FT to look at the photo.
Yep, marked as $20. :D

I'd instantly open a support ticket and complain.
I did.
Since the £ has crashed I've been asking them to mark all my packages at $15 and they have done so.
I thought I would ask for it to be marked as $14 for a change.
Hopefully it still gets through, as I've had other packages over $20 get through.

Good luck, i'm still in limbo (and so is another guy around here, with a parcel on the same plane that left Beijing on the 8th) - hope you get your stuff alright.

Back
Top Bottom