What's new

custom duty on a pack of coils from China?!

viper

Achiever
I always order online and sometimes get my things from Fasttech and gearbest like most other people do. But I have started noticing duty being added to my orders upon delivery by Royal mail. They are asking me to pay £11.15 on 2 packs of smok coils?! I originally paid around £14 on fasttech for these including shipping.

Anyone else noticing an increase of this happening or everyone used to it? I know that its due duty and its unavoidable but £11.15?! how did they work that out! It seems I would be better off letting them get sent back and just ordering from a UK site.

what 'duty' is being applied? ... and by whom?

need more details please. £14 shouldn't have anything applied, what does the label say, what value is it declared at?

where did it come from?

They add a handling charge. What shipping did you use?

I opted for the registered tracked mail by Hong Kong post.

I just have a card from Royal Mail that states there's a fee to pay. The reason given is: There is a customs charge.

Ive never had any issues before, its just recently its started. Again I dont even order much from china or take the piss. Its usually just accessories or the odd tank here and there.

Last edited:
So you’ve not got the package yet, so dot know what the postage label says. They must have marked more than £15, as Simon mentions rhere’s no charge less than £15.

what 'duty' is being applied? ... and by whom?

need more details please. £14 shouldn't have anything applied, what does the label say, what value is it declared at?

where did it come from?

I havent collected it yet. Its a Royal Mail card and it has the reason down as customs charge.
There is a uk tracking number on it but when I try checking that tracking number then royal mails website is giving an error - 'Tracking information is not available for this service'

I will try and pop in to the delivery office tomorrow if I can to check further, if not ill go on Monday.

Just thought I'd ask you guys on here to see what your experience was with china orders.

So you’ve not got the package yet, so dot know what the postage label says. They must have marked more than £15, as Simon mentions rhere’s no charge less than £15.

that would be very unusual for FT to over value something though..... :hmm:

I havent collected it yet. Its a Royal Mail card and it has the reason down as customs charge.
There is a uk tracking number on it but when I try checking that tracking number then royal mails website is giving an error - 'Tracking information is not available for this service'

I will try and pop in to the delivery office tomorrow if I can to check further, if not ill go on Monday.

Just thought I'd ask you guys on here to see what your experience was with china orders.

are you sure it's what you think it is?

Back
Top Bottom