What's new

Curious Steeping Query...

SpennyStooge

Achiever
Eyup. Was just giving the old bottles their daily shake, when I noticed I had two 30ml bottles of the same juice next to each other. One's been sat there for a few weeks (I assume that's the one that looks like my urine, most mornings) and the other for 2 days.

It was the contrast in their colour that struck me. There's
IMG_20200921_141745_635.jpg
IMG_20200921_141756_177.jpg
obviously some reasonable explanation for this. Anyone know? Just curious.

Cheers.

Last edited:
if both have nicotine in then left looks fresh and right is after a couple of weeks steep.
the longer left the darker it will get.

if both have nicotine in then left looks fresh and right is after a couple of weeks steep.
the longer left the darker it will get.
Ta, mate. It just surprised me, seeing the marked difference in the colouring.

some concentrates that start out clear can end up looking like diesel after adding the nic and leaving it a few months.

some concentrates that start out clear can end up looking like diesel after adding the nic and leaving it a few months.

Found an old bottle of a Custard I made about 2 years ago and forgot about, it looks like oil that has come out of a car after 100,000 miles!

Yep it's the oxidation of the nicotine over time. Happens to one of my recipes that takes me about 6 or 7 weeks from mixing to the end of the bottle.

That's my guide to when it's ready to vape... when it goes that nice golden colour. :)

I posted this in the recipe thread a few weeks ago. Diy, but still. the dark one was 14 months old.

IMG_20200724_162453_5.jpg

That's my guide to when it's ready to vape... when it goes that nice golden colour. :)

My main recipe get an automatic steep for 5 weeks because I'm making it in 1/2 pint bottles and I have one on the go and the other gets refilled as soon as I finish it, bearing in mind I alternate two flavours at the same time which is why it takes me so long to get through a whole bottle.

Back
Top Bottom