What's new

Curious: Mods with removable Li-Po batteries.

Something like the Innokin Disrupter? Surprised they didn't keep developing that idea.

*I would be all over that kind of idea at the moment if I was a vape Manufacturer given Samsung's recent Cease and Desist order and all these people exploding their batteries.

Last edited:
Something like the Innokin Disrupter? Surprised they didn't keep developing that idea.

*I would be all over that kind of idea at the moment if I was a vape Manufacturer given Samsung's recent Cease and Desist order and all these people exploding their batteries.
The cease and desist order will not have gone unheeded in China. We're about to be hot with a slew of built in cells mods. No bad thing as it will accelerate making higher wattage mods more compact again.

The cease and desist order will not have gone unheeded in China. We're about to be hot with a slew of built in cells mods. No bad thing as it will accelerate making higher wattage mods more compact again.

And when the batteries reach end of life you (obviously) have to buy a new mod, far more expensive than buying replacement batteries.

And when the batteries reach end of life you (obviously) have to buy a new mod, far more expensive than buying replacement batteries.
Ooh as previously said above. Most manufacturers have already started building built in cells mods with removable cells inside too.
I don't think much will change except the battery manufacturers have removed profits from the eu/US back to China as I'm sure as shite they will be selling individual lg, Samsung and Sony cells as normal.
just another risk they have put in place.
Mollicell will be the only choice here. Again not a terrible thing.

Ooh as previously said above. Most manufacturers have already started building built in cells mods with removable cells inside too.
I don't think much will change except the battery manufacturers have removed profits from the eu/US back to China as I'm sure as shite they will be selling individual lg, Samsung and Sony cells as normal.

Great bats, I have 2 pairs of the 21700s, but if they were to be the only brand available. Well, add in the brexit customs horror show and there could well be shortages, even massive price hikes?

Lipo, will they be banned, they weren't made for vaping?

Great bats, I have 2 pairs of the 21700s, but if they were to be the only brand available. Well, add in the brexit customs horror show and there could well be shortages, even massive price hikes?

Lipo, will they be banned, they weren't made for vaping?
As ever it will be a side step that sets back safety.
I've no issue with mods with built in cells. I think if properly implemented it would be a good move to remove separate cells from the hands of new or casual vapers.
The shops in my town fail terribly at safety awareness when selling these.
advanced vapers would know where to access mods that require separate cells and the cells to fit, plus understand the safety implications but its not going to happen is it.
vape shops will move to cheap rewraps from efest and "shudder" vaping outlaws .
Indonesian or Chinese made inferior cells. We can find good cells but the majority trust their local shop to supply these and my towns biggest most well respected vape shop only sells rewraps.
this will push vaping further down a dead end.
Lipos would be fine if fitted by the manufacturer. It would again be a risk taken by the vapers of they decided to source and got new ones.

I hope they haven't and the corona virus has wiped that idea from their brains or the extended break makes them reconsider it at least
built in cell mods are ball ache imo, I'm not going to be trusting they've all of a sudden come up with a solution that still isn't right on mods now, with regards to proper charging of cells, which could be trusted to be used all the time, let alone what cells they'd build in

the whole samsung thing is getting blown out of proportion to. not like anything like this hasn't happened before with sony and lg, if they had a confident legal position it would lawsuits instead of cease and desists

I hope they haven't and the corona virus has wiped that idea from their brains or the extended break makes them reconsider it at least
built in cell mods are ball ache imo, I'm not going to be trusting they've all of a sudden come up with a solution that still isn't right on mods now, with regards to proper charging of cells, which could be trusted to be used all the time, let alone what cells they'd build in

the whole samsung thing is getting blown out of proportion to. not like anything like this hasn't happened before with sony and lg, if they had a confident legal position it would lawsuits instead of cease and desists
Agree. We'll seen how it plays out but watching mooch yesterday he seemed unnfazed by the change as the situation remains the same but conceded that shops will have to stop selling them as the liabilities will lay with the point of sale.
I do think China needs little reason to focus on something new so I'm pretty sure we'll see more one piece mods for a while.

Agree. We'll seen how it plays out but watching mooch yesterday he seemed unnfazed by the change as the situation remains the same but conceded that shops will have to stop selling them as the liabilities will lay with the point of sale.
I do think China needs little reason to focus on something new so I'm pretty sure we'll see more one piece mods for a while.

samsung would be no big loss anyway these days, there's a new molicell coming soon that'll plug one of the gaps if they should disappear completely, will just need a 30t replacement anyway
Any blame should be with a retailer, customers in shops specifically, should have to accept some simple terms and conditions when purchasing, about safety and improper use, absolving the retailer then for any potential dumb arseary

Back
Top Bottom