What's new

Cthulhu Tube V2 - First look

Nope defo not all the same @Crewella I just looked at a few.

ffs... I'm curious now..

First one I pull out 4.5mm
second 5.5mm
third 4mm

That's measuring the hole in the bottom....

They all look around that size though, no drastic variations. ... maybe 3.5mm - 5.5mm?

I'm cooking curry right now, but I'll measure the bores later and add those to that diagram.

OK, please bare in mind these are just cheapo calipers, so it might not be the exact size but it does illustrate that there is some variation although most seem to be around 4mm... some seem to get a little larger towards the tip end too .... like 3.8mm - 4.2mm and stuff like that.

I'm actually sad because these would be pretty perfect for me if they were made of resin or ultum or whatever... but I just can't do metal.

Ignore the 'text' lol :D

gaia-drip-tip-kit-6-2048x1152.png

You're not alone ;)

I know. :)

I used to use them.. all my first few tanks had metal tips, it seemed to be the norm back then. Then I started using resin-type ones and couldn't go back after that.

OK, please bare in mind these are just cheapo calipers, so it might not be the exact size but it does illustrate that there is some variation although most seem to be around 4mm... some seem to get a little larger towards the tip end too .... like 3.8mm - 4.2mm and stuff like that.

I'm actually sad because these would be pretty perfect for me if they were made of resin or ultum or whatever... but I just can't do metal.

Ignore the 'text' lol :D

View attachment 255706

Thanks, that gives a good enough idea of the size even if not totally accurate.

Metal tips were already uncommon by the time I started.

I got given a handful and just couldn't use them at all, despite trying because they looked nice...

Metal tips were already uncommon by the time I started.

I got given a handful and just couldn't use them at all, despite trying because they looked nice...
I'm 'ard, I like metal tips. ;)

Back
Top Bottom