What's new

Cthulhu Tube V2 - First look

First impressions are that I like it more than the V1 tube.

The board is more enclosed, the bottom mechanical fire button feels nicer and more robust than the little actuator and board mounted switch on the v1. It also makes it feel more like using a mech, which some people will like. The little green LED is nice and sits behind the tiny hole so it's not in anyway 'distracting' for want of a better word.

Very plain and simple, the only 'branding' is on the button

The lock is nice and smooth, it's just a ring that screws out and stops the button being depressed and works well.

It's about 85mm if anyone is wondering .... or 57mm in 18350 mode and 24mm dia,

Not sure there's much else to say, it works and does what it supposed to do. :D

It's $39.99 at Cthulhu (about £30) which seems alright to me. As long as the little board holds up in the top, there's not much else to go wrong.
Great review mate i do like the look of it does look like a mech tube and i do like a tube mod.

Not a fan of mechy type mods, but am watching with interest. Interested in the tips and would be good to know what bore they are. Are they all MTL or some and some? Thanks.

Do you want me to give them away as a separate giveaway? (that's a good idea actually, I'll do that)

I'll get them out tomorrow and have a closer look for you. :)

I have some digital calipers now.

.. they do look MTL to me, just by the fact they are all 510 and not huge wide bore... but they aren't all super tight or anything, they vary by the looks of it.

I'll sort that out tomorrow anyway Rew.

Do you want me to give them away as a separate giveaway? (that's a good idea actually, I'll do that)

That is a better idea - I may enter for the mod, but have absolutely zero interest in metal drip tips...

Great review mate i do like the look of it does look like a mech tube and i do like a tube mod.

It's not a review! :D

It's a show and tell, followed by a Q&A. ;)

... and because I was given it, it's also by default a promotion.

Back
Top Bottom