What's new

Could use your input please.

Rob

Administrator
Staff member
I have a situation unfolding and am not really sure how to proceed, so thought I'd ask for suggestions and hope someone can come good.

I sold one of my two remaining Zen Mods to a very nice Guy from Portugal on 23rd of July. Payment was made via PayPal.
We posted said item out to his Father's address on the 29th of July. We sent it International Tracked.

All appeared to be going well until August 5th when this appeared on Post Office Tracking...........

Deeper tracking now shows this..........

I have tried to use the "Contact Us" Button, but have heard nothing back.

My Buyer returns to Portugal today from working in Croatia, he is aware of what has been going on and has been absolutely superb throughout. But I want to make this right for him, but am a bit unsure of what I can do next?

It might be better if he is a Portuguese natural and he can call them and speak to them without a language barrier

Could you get alternative address? Might be that his father lives somewhere where it's hard to find the house.

The buyer will just need to go into his local post office and it will be there..they will hold it for X amount of days before it is RTS.
I lived in Portugal for a many years was based there to get into North Africa and although they do things very differently and take a lot longer they are on the ball..most people have to go to post office to collect their post regardless 80% of Portuguese households have what we call a P.O. Box..believe it or not they probably know him..
As the mail don’t get delivered per say they have a correios post office where they go every few days to get the mail

The buyer will just need to go into his local post office and it will be there..they will hold it for X amount of days before it is RTS.
I lived in Portugal for a many years was based there to get into North Africa and although they do things very differently and take a lot longer they are on the ball..most people have to go to post office to collect their post regardless 80% of Portuguese households have what we call a P.O. Box..believe it or not they probably know him..
As the mail don’t get delivered per say they have a correios post office where they go every few days to get the mail

This @Rob ^^^
Like I said, they probably can't be bothered or it's at the bottom of a pile.
Good advice above, get him to go to the sorting office.
Even then it may take a couple of visits to resolve the issue.

This happened to me when I sold an atty to a guy in one of the Baltic countries.......he simply contacted his post office/delivery courier with proof of tracking ect....and collected it

no experience with a situation like this but this right here sounds like the perfect route to take

Well Pedro is now home and OF COURSE It's a National Holiday Today!! :) So he is tackling this mess up tomorrow.

I have had this a lot I normally ring the post office direct and push lots of buttons till I get a human

but my best advice is google maps and check the address the best one I had was in the USA the guy had his own "shooting car" it got there in the end but it took 4 weeks worst is Australia no tracking no notice nothing 50/50 if it gets there average 6 to 8 weeks

Back
Top Bottom