What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Common Misunderstanding: 1 ml liquid can NOT be compared with a cigarette

Very interesting, thanks.

The question that comes to mind though is how do people cut down their nicotine intake? If it's an unconscious process with the increasing inhilation depth when lowering nicotine strength then I presume one must consciously limit their ml when lowering nic strength? E.g. If I vape 3mls at 18mg per day I must limit myself to 3mls of 12mg per day when I want to reduce nicotine - correct? Or will I just automatically inhale more deeply and hold in in to compensate?

Right, although I suggest to do this in a different way:

There is a maximum amount of liquid you would vape regardless of the amount of nicotine.

Try to find that limit - for me it is around 4ml / day.

Get used to that amount.

Then reduce the nicotine level.

Last edited:
I was smoking 50g in as little as 48hrs, I switched to vaping and 18mg juices were just about staving off the cravings(still had flare - ups of temper)and since I swapped from tank/genesis type devices to drippers, I've only managed to reduce to 13-14mg after 1yr. I couldn't give a pigs burp what mg of nicotine I use, or the fact I can easily get through upto 20ml of juice per day as I don't smoke at all.
I would also tend to agree with steffijade in that comparing tobacco with liquid is like comparing cloud to lake.

I was never a heavy smoker at all, only a social one and 1 or 2 a day. I need the nicotine though, and go through 10-30ml of juice a day.

I think there's a lot of truth in the OP's statement about nicotine receptors starting to reset themselves. When I first started vaping I was still smoking between 5 and 10 rollies a day. Seems a lot but 1 first thing in the morning, one in my work break, one at lunch, tea time etc, they all added up. Vaping just wasn't giving me the release of tension after a long day like a smoke would. After upgrading all my gear and finding some amazing juice (cheers Manabush!) I sat in my car at work a couple of weeks ago during my break, fired up my IPV v2, took a nice big vape and felt the EXACT same stress relief previously only rollies had given me. All the tension in my shoulders eased, I felt great and realised I'd just had my own little mini epiphany. I was getting enough nicotine AND vapour (I've got to see thick vapour, it tricks my mind into thinking I'm smoking) to satiate my brains addiction. I'm still on 18mg but now I know eventually I'll drop because now I'm feeling really satisfied with my vaping whereas a month or 2 ago it really wasn't cutting it and I was still craving more nicotine.
Nice post.

I found that when I upgraded to a kayfun that 18 mg juice was to much for me. It gave me a headache so I dropped to 12. Still seem to vape about the same amount. Interesting thread tho.

I think there's a lot of truth in the OP's statement about nicotine receptors starting to reset themselves. When I first started vaping I was still smoking between 5 and 10 rollies a day. Seems a lot but 1 first thing in the morning, one in my work break, one at lunch, tea time etc, they all added up. Vaping just wasn't giving me the release of tension after a long day like a smoke would. After upgrading all my gear and finding some amazing juice (cheers Manabush!) I sat in my car at work a couple of weeks ago during my break, fired up my IPV v2, took a nice big vape and felt the EXACT same stress relief previously only rollies had given me. All the tension in my shoulders eased, I felt great and realised I'd just had my own little mini epiphany. I was getting enough nicotine AND vapour (I've got to see thick vapour, it tricks my mind into thinking I'm smoking) to satiate my brains addiction. I'm still on 18mg but now I know eventually I'll drop because now I'm feeling really satisfied with my vaping whereas a month or 2 ago it really wasn't cutting it and I was still craving more nicotine.
Nice post.

What "amazing" juice are you vaping then?

Back
Top Bottom