What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Coming probably never to no vape stores near you!

Add knurling or u will never be able to open that, lol
upload_2021-2-1_2-28-41.png

Any better? :D

The man at protolabs says no to my design, half of it would not be machined according to the quote. How much did they quote for a half finished machine job? £666.

I am taking this as a sign that I should just not bother.

:(

for £666 you can get your own second hand machining equipment :D

Seriously. For mortal people like us, it requires a no brainer investment. To recover that, you´ll need to sell a lot of them (with ridiculous margin of benefit), to sell a lot of them you will need some marketing (more investment), packging, society, permit, etc, etc,

for £666 you can get your own second hand machining equipment :D

Seriously. For mortal people like us, it requires a no brainer investment. To recover that, you´ll need to sell a lot of them (with ridiculous margin of benefit), to sell a lot of them you will need some marketing (more investment), packging, society, permit, etc, etc,
I would not be able to machine the one I had quoted by hand, it has far too complex geometry to not be done by a computer I think. The other one I had a quote on was even simpler but somehow they wanted more for it, close to £1200. What makes the £1200 quote even more mad is, if I ordered 10 of them it would only cost about £1800, but I don't want 10 of something that may not work lol.

Back
Top Bottom