What's new

China Shipping

Tobytyke

Achiever
Fellow Apes..... With recent goings on what with people getting customs charges on certain items from FT & 3F’s appalling customer service with a few members DB’s. Folk have been mentioning ask8ng FT to mark the package to a different value below the £15 threshold. Where do we stand at the minute on people’s opinions on the best options for buying from overseas. Yes probably a lottery with customs & RM charges but wondering what’s best.

TIA.....Lee

Still those two to be fair. Plus 3Avape and 2fdeal are the four I use the most.

I don't think there's much difference between them to be honest .... they are all fine when everything goes as it should (which to be honest is most of the time) and all a bit of a pain when something goes wrong.

It is what it is .... If you want UK customer service buy from UK vendors recommended on here, if you want UK consumer laws to protect you buy in the UK.

If you are impatient & worrisome ........

Oi, don't make me paranoid. I'm expecting something from Fasttech, left Beijing last thursday and still haven't gotten an update that it actually arrived in the UK (UK ePacket). I was wondering what was going on, it seems quite possible that it's stuck in customs since the "arrived in UK" update only happens once customs give the item to the mail service - is that correct?

Oi, don't make me paranoid. I'm expecting something from Fasttech, left Beijing last thursday and still haven't gotten an update that it actually arrived in the UK (UK ePacket). I was wondering what was going on, it seems quite possible that it's stuck in customs since the "arrived in UK" update only happens once customs give the item to the mail service - is that correct?

Sounds like the Martians May have it.
Sheeeeetttttt.

[emoji4]

(Pump the tracking number into RM site)

Sounds like the Martians May have it.
Sheeeeetttttt.

[emoji4]

(Pump the tracking number into RM site)

Tried, comes out as "left china" as the last message. I figured out the problem, too - i'm convinced now it's stuck in customs limbo.

Here's the problem: Fasttech always declares by default $20 on the parcel. Which was fine until recently, because $20 was way less than the £15 threshold in the UK for customs. Currently, $20 is almost £16, meaning you automatically get slapped with the £8 handling fee and whatever you have to pay in VAT.

Man that makes me salty, seeing my money devalued at that kinda rate.

Tried, comes out as "left china" as the last message. I figured out the problem, too - i'm convinced now it's stuck in customs limbo.

Here's the problem: Fasttech always declares by default $20 on the parcel. Which was fine until recently, because $20 was way less than the £15 threshold in the UK for customs. Currently, $20 is almost £16, meaning you automatically get slapped with the £8 handling fee and whatever you have to pay in VAT.

Man that makes me salty, seeing my money devalued at that kinda rate.

Yup. There’s a 300 Odd post thread on the exact same thing. You can put your order on hold and raise a ticket to get it valued at less though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom