What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Bypass & VPC Mode Geekvape Aegis

I know this reply is a little late here, but from what I understand, bypass mode is simply a way to directly use AC or DC power while circumventing the batteries to reduce wear and prevent damage to the mod and batteries, as well as supply a more consistent cloud with each puff.
I could be wrong and would still request enlightenment if that's the case.
You are thinking of "passthrough", where you can vape on a mod whilst charging it.

Bypass mode bypasses the regulator, meaning you cannot set the wattage or voltage applied to your atty - the mod bypasses all that and just applies the voltage of your battery directly to the atty.

As your battery runs down, the vape gets weaker and weaker. It stimulates the vape from a mechanical mod.

I have been messing about with VPC and VTC on my Rev sport. I think VPC (variable power control) is like having TC for non TC coils, e.g. in VPC mode it brings up a screen with what looks like a graphic equalizer with 7 sliders, So on my kanthal 0.6ohm coil i set the first to 30w second to 28w and the rest to 25w so it starts at 30w and as i fire it reduces in 1 second increments down to 25w BUT! my average puff is about 3-4 seconds so only the first 4 sliders are gonna get used. what is the point of all this i hear you say? well don`t ask me i have no fecking idea, apart from the fact you can drop off the power as you puff.

VTC as i understand it is the same as above but for TC coils, it just drops or increases the temp as you vape depending on how you set your Graphic equalizer power curve thingymabob.

Main advantage i can see is it could save battery power or something and stuff.

I might be totally wrong about all this, but its how i see it and if i am wrong i don`t care so there.
So what does the " TIME " setting do ?
( .55 - 1.25 adjustable for each 7 curves )
and YES the USER MANAUL is a JOKE !!!

What's up people !! What I understand is VPC means variable power control . It is so you can put a different wattage to each one of the sliders on your mod when it is on that mode. The time part of it is how long it takes to run through those strand of sliders. ... And the bypass mode is for saying "screw all the techie stuff, just give me power" it just uses straight battery power no settings ... Which I found is a good way to burn your coil really fast.. especially if you're using a mod that takes two high drainage batteries. That is twice the power of a regular mechanical mod.. well I hope this helps.. you all have okay day and stay safe out there !!

I'm just learning about this, I've got an Aegis X mod. When you set the VPC/time you can change the time in increments down to .55 sec so you would move through the wattage settings faster

Back
Top Bottom