What's new

Bottle Rental

The op named dropped the title of a very well known song which is one of my favourites, I was quoting the lyrics.

Now I know how Joan of Arc felt!
No worries.
Didnt realise.
It looked like it had got out of hand and turned personal.

Hold on... I've not read the whole post but.... Vapemail, my monthly subscription package sells me a magazine each month for £17.99 with that they throw in 5 20ml bottles of juice. I can't see why this would be different?

Perhaps because a magazine is a valid product that you might anyway and the liquid is feasibly a genuine freebie, whereas it’s 100% clear that somebody renting a bottle that happens to have eliquid in it is actually buying the eliquid? It may be that the producers of the magazine’s free liquid have registered/tested etc their liquid as well?

I see what you mean though, I would have though 20ml bottles even as freebies associated with a purchase would be breaking the law.

I think you missed out the money for each product to be tested, these tests are to prove the goods are upto EU standard, you can't just make a liquid and sell it (as a vendor) with just notification and the annual fee, at a guess the testing gets or must be done after registering it and there is probably a set amount of waiting time before you get all this done and are given TPD compliance for each variant. So it costs a lot more than you think

and yet that is exactly what a lot of legitimate (haha) sellers are doing by selling shortfills that are out of the scope of the regulations.

some who are members of this very forum, are you going to call them out for selling unsafe juices that aren't up to EU standards? or is it ok for them to be possibly selling rat piss filled bottles for profit.

easy work around for the op, buy in sem nic shots at 70p a pop and mix up short fills and sell it that way, and add a quid to the cost, it seems like that's the legitimate way to be selling potentially unsafe juices these days.

Last edited:
Amazed at the ammount of free vitriol.
I must start my own fanzine.
Btw. I make my main living selling pieces turned on a lathe.
The main problem is hobbyists selling nice stuff, but not factoring in things like wastage, broken pieces and for the largest part, their time.
If you think selling (or renting) anything for the cost of raw materials is ok, then you are either stupid ... or very stupid.

If you think selling (or renting) anything for the cost of raw materials is ok, then you are either stupid ... or very stupid.

That all depends if you are doing a favour for a mate (i.e. making some DIY juice for him) or wanting to be paid for your time, effort and expertise on top of material costs (i.e. turning it into a proper business and making a profit, some of which the tax man will want), doesn't it?

hmmmm?

the only people to "Grass" you up would be the people who are buying it off you, as no one else would know you are selling it.

If they were to grass you up they would lose their cheap juice.

So I doubt that will happen.

Can you not just make the juice a short fill and tell them to buy a nicshot? no laws broken then.

Fuck that, just make em some juice with nic in it, give it to them, and tell them they owe you a pint or two down the pub. I mean, what the hell?

Back
Top Bottom