What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Bottle Rental

Mr Toff

Postman
Does anyone know if the manufacturing laws apply if you are giving your vape juice away?
I've been DIYing my juice for about a year now, and a few of my friends have tried my recipes and like them.
Would it be within the law to give them my juice for free, but charge them rental on the bottles?
Technically, I wouldn't be selling the juice, so the stupid laws shouldn't apply.
Anyone got an opinion?
Ideally, anyone who knows law got an opinion?

If you mix juice for friends and they pay you who cares?
Never seen a vaping plod and as a tax payer id be prety pissed if they spent their time busting DIY'ers.

Agree with @StrawberryRipple here, you maybe over thinking this.

I make liquids for myself and 2 other people, the only way they make any 'payment' is occasionally I'll have some one shots or concentrates land on my door step unannounced. Never asked for or expected a penny.

If you start churning out bottles of liquid from a clean lab and setting up a supply chain, then I'd start looking at the legalities and making sure you comply, until then, let your friends enjoy cheap liquid and don't worry about it.

Thing is, I've been getting 72 nic by registering as a business.
I don't want the "business" to show any profit (or sales for that matter)
So, if I give it away, But charge enough "bottle rental" to cover costs, am I breaking any laws?
I've already been investigated by the VAT man for my legitimate business, I've done nothing wrong, bur I felt violated.
I dont want another investigation for something that's basically a hobby.

So, if I give it away, But charge enough "bottle rental" to cover costs, am I breaking any laws?
I've already been investigated by the VAT man for my legitimate business, I've done nothing wrong, bur I felt violated.
If while cutting your grass the neighbour asked you to do theirs as their mower had broke.
Afterwards they popod a thank you card through your door with e tenner in would you declare it?
This is on the assumption were only talking small scale here and there.

Small scale .. yes, but I like to cover all eventualities :)

I don't grow grass... honest officer :)

Tricky one to answer now.

First off I was going to say that as you are not running an e liquid business you would not be breaking any regulations, as the reg only cover business sales of nicotine.
The only thing I would have done is keep meticulous records so that if ever asked you could prove you were not making a profit.

That has now been blurred by the fact that you say you have registered as a business in order to buy nicotine.

I'd say you are walking a bit of a tightrope now..................

I have registered with the supplier of nicotine that I'm a business, not with Companies House.

I should have made that clear

I have registered with the supplier of nicotine that I'm a business, not with Companies House.

I should have made that clear
did the nicotine supplier ask you for proof of being a business ? company number VAT number, business premises etc ?

Back
Top Bottom