What's new

Blitzen RTA coils

Luke Harkness

Any help would be massively appreciated...

Used to have a guy who pre-made coils for my blitzen, as I dont have a clue.. fused clapton 0.15ohm on dual deck! Iv now had to order my own, recommended by someone on here. Problem I'm having is once installing them, im getting dry hits!! I'm certain the wicking is fine as iv done it many times before and had no issues. Iv tried everything, priming coils, burning them off for ages ect, rewicked it multiple times but still dry hits. Is it possible the coils are no good I'm trying? And could anyone link me premade coils that you know work. These are what Iv tried, via Amazon
GeekVape Coils, Shots, Tools and Spools (Pre-Made Fused Clapton KA1 and Ni80 Coil 2 in 1)

Thanks in advance ✌

Those coils are stella so they won't be to blame unless you've got hotspots

You're checking the coils for hotspots before wicking it?

Thanks for reply bud! I'm a novice so thinking I'm doing it right, I'm brushing the coils across to spread the heat as you do and there heating up from centre! Not 100% on what to look for with hotspots but they seem to be heating the same way my others did when I had no issue. Iv tried 3 different pairs...

Thanks for reply bud! I'm a novice so thinking I'm doing it right, I'm brushing the coils across to spread the heat as you do and there heating up from centre! Not 100% on what to look for with hotspots but they seem to be heating the same way my others did when I had no issue. Iv tried 3 different pairs...

Yeah, that sounds fine, you want them heating evenly from the inside out, if any spots are glowing red that shouldn't be, that's what you want to brush out

The Blitzen can be a bugger to wick, I've got three of them so have had plenty of practice & I still use to much cotton & get dry hits. I do a kind of dam method where the cotton's just slightly tucked into the top of the juice ports & not stuffed in there, just light & fluffy covering the tops. If I push the cotton down the ports, I find it's too much & doesn't wick great

Yeah took me a long time to get used to wicking it and I use the same dam method now, but tried wicking multiple times since putting in these new coils but no joy. That's why I thought it could only be the coils... Will try a rewick again and hope for the best

Dry hits is usually the wicking so I wouldn't be too certain the wicking is fine, have a think about your coil placement too. I'd also ask the guy that was making coils for you before the spec on it, material, wraps, inner diameter (if it has a different ID and you're using the same amount of cotton you'll have issues) and try to match up with that. Perhaps have a think about making your own coils too, it's basically buy a wire spool and wrap it around an appropriate sized object. Making my own coils made me not afraid to go "nope, this isn't quite right for this RTA, make a new one with different wraps/different ID". You can have a perfect coil that just isn't perfect for the device.

Back
Top Bottom