What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Battery life cycle

Daredevil

Postman
Hi all I picked up 8 batteries Molicel P26 from a reliable vendor in April. Last night one of them failed to charge .I emailed the vendor and response was...

This sounds to me like you may need to simply replace your cells. As they are coming up to 6 months old, they have just come to the end of their cycle life.
The others may last longer and they are not unsafe to use, however, 6 months is about what we would expect from one of these cells.

Less than 6 months is that all they are good for or was I unlucky ? Your thought please .

It would be normal to expect about 3-400 charge cycles, or about a year with daily charging.

That wouldn't be to point of absolute fail though, just to unacceptably reduced capacity (75-80% iirc). They should still work, but not for as long each time.

But, heavy discharge and fast charging reduces that. As does over discharging.

I'd be a bit disappointed with 6 months myself mind, but I'm fairly light on my cells.

What sort of device do you use them in, what wattage (if regulated) or resistance (if mech), how do you charge them and how often?

It would be normal to expect about 3-400 charge cycles, or about a year with daily charging.

That wouldn't be to point of absolute fail though, just to unacceptably reduced capacity (75-80% iirc). They should still work, but not for as long each time.

But, heavy discharge and fast charging reduces that. As does over discharging.

I'd be a bit disappointed with 6 months myself mind, but I'm fairly light on my cells.

What sort of device do you use them in, what wattage (if regulated) or resistance (if mech), how do you charge them and how often?
I use them on a Squid V3 with a Manta or Footoon Aqua Reboot RTA @65-70 Watts 2 pair charged on a nitecore i4 trickle when needed almost daily depending...

I use them on a Squid V3 with a Manta or Footoon Aqua Reboot RTA @65-70 Watts 2 pair charged on a nitecore i4 trickle when needed almost daily depending...

In that case, one binning out is probably in the unlucky camp...

Don't just replace a single though, do the pair.

Hi all I picked up 8 batteries Molicel P26 from a reliable vendor in April. Last night one of them failed to charge .I emailed the vendor and response was...

This sounds to me like you may need to simply replace your cells. As they are coming up to 6 months old, they have just come to the end of their cycle life.
The others may last longer and they are not unsafe to use, however, 6 months is about what we would expect from one of these cells.

Less than 6 months is that all they are good for or was I unlucky ? Your thought please .

I used to get a minimum of 2yrs from cells, but a whole batch I bought from a UK supplier died within six months recently. I was pretty pissed off tbh.

I've changed supplier and returned to branded A bin manufacturer cells.

8 batteries over 6 months? presuming you use them in pairs that's 1.5 months use out of each pair? :19:

8 batteries over 6 months? presuming you use them in pairs that's 1.5 months use out of each pair? :19:

Calendar lifespan is almost irrelevant unless you get over 2-3 years, it's charge cycles that count.

I have to charge my cells about every 3 days or so (in rotation and low power). And I have multiples so each cell (or pair/set) is charged maybe once a week or even less often.

Someone else may charge each cell/set every day.

So a year's use for me is 1-1.5 months for them. Then add possible additional degradation from high power and fast charge use.

Calendar lifespan is almost irrelevant unless you get over 2-3 years, it's charge cycles that count.

I have to charge my cells about every 3 days or so (in rotation and low power). And I have multiples so each cell (or pair/set) is charged maybe once a week or even less often.

Someone else may charge each cell/set every day.

So a year's use for me is 1-1.5 months for them. Then add possible additional degradation from high power and fast charge use.

I know, but it's not irrelevant... you can't really charge a cell 300 - 400 times in a couple of months surely?

Bought 8 use 4 the other 4 are used in my wife's mod

Ok so 4 cells over 6 months ...

approx 180 days, if you charge all 4 of them every single day, they've had 180 cycles each. if you only charge 2 of them a day it's only 90 cycles... it's not much either way.

Back
Top Bottom