What's new

Batteries

Everything you need to know is in this video anyway @memzey ...I'm not an expert so don't listen to me (or any other random person on the internet) but Mooch is an expert, it's what he does for a living so I'd take what he says seriously.

If you don't know then I'd use 3v to be safe as almost all mods will cut off before this.

If I remember right when I plugged the Odin in and looked with the Evolve software the voltage cut-off was only about 2.75V and I was surprised how low it was but it's obviosly set that low by default so I left it alone.

If I remember right when I plugged the Odin in and looked with the Evolve software the voltage cut-off was only about 2.75V and I was surprised how low it was but it's obviosly set that low by default so I left it alone.

Ah, I didn't realise it was a DNA... I set my DNA60 to 2.8v.

I don't think 2.75 is 'default' for Evolve, but I expect the mod manufacturer, who put their own setting on as default, likely thought it would make it seem like the mod has great battery life out of the box, there's a lot of vaping that can be done between 3.something volts and 2.8v. That cut off number is also under load when firing, so with 'sag' the battery won't actually be that low when you put it on charge, mine usually bounce back 0.2v or so in just a minute or two. If you are vaping at higher power the difference will be even more than that.

Ah, I didn't realise it was a DNA... I set my DNA60 to 2.8v.

I don't think 2.75 is 'default' for Evolve, but I expect the mod manufacturer, who put their own setting on as default, likely thought it would make it seem like the mod has great battery life out of the box, there's a lot of vaping that can be done between 3.something volts and 2.8v. That cut off number is also under load when firing, so with 'sag' the battery won't actually be that low when you put it on charge, mine usually bounce back 0.2v or so in just a minute or two. If you are vaping at higher power the difference will be even more than that.
I always just swap my batteries out anyway once they get below 10% but I can always get at least 2 full 6ml tanks of vaping out of them and the P42A's are just performing so well.

Back
Top Bottom