What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Are alien coils still worth it

Jason Reilly

Initiate
Are alien coils still worth it with things like flat wire around. Only asking because i was going to buy some today and no where seems to sell them in my town. When I asked about it I was just told there no diffrent to Clapton coils.

Yeah they are well worth it provided they are made right [emoji4] flatwire will give you good surface area but the vape won't be anywhere near as dense or tasty as a good set of alien coils [emoji6]

If you want a amazing set of aliens that will last months and months you want hand made ones and it just so happens we have a coil God called @Smut on the forum he's that #vapefamous the Koreans call him Jesus [emoji23] drop him a message with what your looking for and for a small (but worth it) fee you will have the best coils around [emoji6]

Never tried one tbh.
Tried most materials in round wire, tried flat and clapton but found I like fused clapton the best. It'll be years before I get through my coilology rolls of ni80 fused, I'm just so happy with my setup these days.

Have a word with @smut,his aliens are superb you won’t be disappointed I promise [emoji106][emoji106]

No different to Clapton coils? That's not an opinion that I'd share but if you think about the progression from straight wire, through Clapton, fused Clapton, staggered fused Clapton and alien then the alien could be considered as a complex Clapton.

From my experience with these wires I follow the maxim of "complex juices benefit from complex wires". The theory being that more complex wires have a much greater surface area for the juice to evaporate on, there will also be a variation of temperature between the different wires used in its construction. I don't believe that a flat wire, with its greater surface area than a round wire, could compete on surface area or temperature variation with a complex wire like the alien.

You need to consider the atty carefully when selecting a build, in particular the heat flux within the chamber and whether the airflow can balance it ... by which I mean cool it down to get the warmth of vape that you prefer. High mass coils require higher wattages or they simply won't ramp up to temperature. It would be a mistake to put an alien build into a small chambered atty at higher wattage and with inadequate airflow; you wouldn't be able to leverage the heat flux of such a large coil mass. Even if you do ramp them up they'll likely exceed the atty's wicking capability.

In this sense an alien would be no better than a Clapton.

100% a scam, no difference in taste! just a ploy to get more money out of the customer! don't believe the hype!

Wait...

Fack...

Disregard all of that ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

100% a scam, no difference in taste! just a ploy to get more money out of the customer! don't believe the hype!

Wait...

Fack...

Disregard all of that ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Smut has been ripping me off for years! ;)

His aliens, like all his wires and coils, are superbly made and last, therefore represent great value for money.
I have standardised the builds on my Supreme v2s and Aromamizer Plus tanks to SFCs ... Smut makes the wire shots and I wrap the coils for each build. Personally, I find the SFC to be a great all rounder in the Aromamizers, whatever the juice and wattage that's dialled in.

Back
Top Bottom