What's new

Any ideas?

It's deceptive in the picture. There's no room for the chisel along side the magnet so I would just be hitting down on the magnet itself. So I think it would just break the magnet.
Last try.
If the magnet is the wrong way round meaning it's polarity is repelling am i right to say it's connection when you place the back on is another magnet?
If so can you turn the magnet around that it connects to?

Last try.
If the magnet is the wrong way round meaning it's polarity is repelling am i right to say it's connection when you place the back on is another magnet?
Good idea. Will see how secure the opposite magnet on the mod is. Thanks.

Last try.
Unfortunately not. It seems the previous owner has at some point wanted to remove that magnet and made a mess in the process. The door is metal whereas the mod side is plastic. He's taken large gouges out of it. If I have a go at that magnet I'll damage the mod itself or break the magnet in the process. Was quite shocked at the state of the mod when i received it tbth. If it hadn't been such a reasonable price I would have returned it. Pretty filthy, multiple loose magnets and one of three screws holding the top section down didn't bite as it had obviously been taken apart and then screwed in too tight, cracking the plastic section it screwed in to. I've stripped it and given it some much needed TLC to get it back to some semblance of acceptability / usability.

Last edited:
Unfortunately not. It seems the previous owner has at some point wanted to remove that magnet and made a mess in the process. The door is metal whereas the mod side is plastic. He's taken large gouges out of it. If I have a go at that magnet I'll damage the mod itself or break the magnet in the process. Was quite shocked at the state of the mod when i received it tbth. If it hadn't been such a reasonable price I would have returned it. Pretty filthy, multiple loose magnets and one of three screws holding the top section down didn't bite as it had obviously been taken apart and then screwed in too tight, cracking the plastic section it screwed in to.
Sounds like it's been through the mill already so guess you can't make it any worse.

I managed to get it out. A mixture of acetone and hammering an extremely thin miniature flat head screwdriver down each side of it. Unfortunately, the magnet broke on the underside. But at least it's out.

Thanks for all the advice. :worship:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom