What's new

Any ideas?

Boiling water will soften the glue then the point on one of these should be strong enough to pop it out.
Trouble is by the time you've read this you've probably already dissolved it with the recommendation of acetone.

View attachment 200464
Unfortunately, there is no room to stick anything in next to the magnet. And I have a feeling that even the acetone, glue de-bonder won't work because they won't actually make much contact with the glue. The magnet is a tight fit and is glued in from each side and underneath. The entire door is metal including the magnet recesses. Gonna give everything a try tho, one by one. Nothing to lose and could save me binning (figuratively not literally) an otherwise perfectly good 250c.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, there is no room to stick anything in next to the magnet. And I have a feeling that even the acetone, glue de-bonder won't work because they won't actually make much contact with the glue. The magnet is a tight fit and is glued in from each side and underneath. The entire door is metal including the magnet recesses. Gonna give everything a try tho, one by one. Nothing to lose and could save me binning an otherwise good 250c (figuratively not literally).
Does this help?

https://magnetpartner.com/blog/how-to-reverse-polarity-of-magnet

Interesting idea. Didn't think about reversing polarity. But unfortunately it's not something I can do whilst it's still attached to the door and with other small door magnets near by.
If you dont need the magnet intact then have you got a dremmel?

If you dont need the magnet intact then have you got a dremmel?
I don't have a spare magnet of the same size to replace this one so I would prefer to get it out whole. But yeah, if all else fails more than likely I will eventually just shatter the magnet.

I don't have a spare magnet of the same size to replace this one so I would prefer to get it out whole. But yeah, if all else fails I will eventually just shatter the magnet.
Soldering iron.
Wondering if heating the magnet would cook the glue.

Soldering iron.
Wondering if heating the magnet would cook the glue.
Haven't got a soldering iron. And I think I would have to transfer an incredible amount of heat thru the magnet to have a substantial effect on the glue.

Gonna start with the least invasive, the de-bonder and acetone. Then re-evaluate.

Haven't got a soldering iron. And I think I would have to transfer an incredible amount of heat thru the magnet to have a substantial effect on the glue.

Gonna start with the least invasive, the de-bonder and acetone. Then re-evaluate.
Scraping the barrel here bud but if you can get enough pressure at the right angle tapping it with a chisel?

20190913_224445.jpg

Scraping the barrel here bud but if you can get enough pressure at the right angle tapping it with a chisel?

View attachment 200476
It's deceptive in the picture. There's no room for the chisel along side the magnet so I would just be hitting down on the magnet itself. So I think it would just break the magnet.

Back
Top Bottom