What's new

Amazon vtc5 warning

so, bought a couple of vtc5 about a year or 2 ago, and and have just received an email from amazon stating that the batteries i purchased should DEFINITELY not be used with any products related to vaping as can be dangerous and a link to an announcement from sony about the whole thing...

I could understand if the cell in general was not safe, but the fact that they are saying that its only dangerous to use with ecigs or ANYTHING related to vaping just seems abit....

Fishy.

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/articles/00157905

It just seems to be abit of a fear tactic for what agenda i dont know. But we get warning messages when we buy these batteries anyway so why make a bigger deal out of it?

Sony don't like vapers using the cells, that's pretty much known ... nor do LG for that matter, it's just going back to the 'these should not be used outside of a battery pack' thing again.

Sony don't like vapers using the cells, that's pretty much known ... nor do LG for that matter, it's just going back to the 'these should not be used outside of a battery pack' thing again.
Sopose its bad press when one goes boom from misuse, but cant just aim that at vaping. Theres plenty of other things out there that are more unsafe than mods. Remember hearing about those shitty ‘hover boards’ that kept catching fire all the time when charging a year or 2 ago?

Technically they aren't 'safe' to use as we do .... and they aren't designed to be used 'loose' as we use them either, We put them in devices that can use them way over the amp limit they specify for the cell, we are misusing them really, no way around that fact.

They can aim that at vaping for sure. It really is about time we were using something else, maybe like a removable cell phone type battery or something.

Technically they aren't 'safe' to use as we do .... and they aren't designed to be used 'loose' as we use them either, We put them in devices that can use them way over the amp limit they specify for the cell, we are misusing them really, no way around that fact.

They can aim that at vaping for sure. It really is about time we were using something else, maybe like a removable cell phone type battery or something.
Not bad idea but that would involve trying to implement a new universal standard across the whole industry for it to work no? Either that or all mod produces only started producing internal cell mods only which...is abit shite.

Side note: what happened with innokin and their brand new battery technology they sort of ‘announced’ the other year :s heard christ all since.

Weird getting an email after that amount of time, I know when I order these from Ben Fogstar I have to agree a disclaimer, when I queried this I was told it is down to Sony. Maybe much of the same and more ?

so, bought a couple of vtc5 about a year or 2 ago, and and have just received an email from amazon stating that the batteries i purchased should DEFINITELY not be used with any products related to vaping as can be dangerous and a link to an announcement from sony about the whole thing...

I could understand if the cell in general was not safe, but the fact that they are saying that its only dangerous to use with ecigs or ANYTHING related to vaping just seems abit....

Fishy.

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/articles/00157905

It just seems to be abit of a fear tactic for what agenda i dont know. But we get warning messages when we buy these batteries anyway so why make a bigger deal out of it?
that link was last updated by sony in 2016 so i think its just covering their backs once again.
Last Modified : 03/10/2016

Lithium iron Phosphate batteries LiFePO are the safest chemistry but are only 3.2v used in series they may be useful, but our normal li-ion batteries are okay if safety is observed although they are potentially dangerous.

Back
Top Bottom