What's new

Am I the only one?

Vaping is harm reduction.

If you're smoking half as much, reduction has been achieved somewhat.

Don't beat yourself up about it, no 2 people are the same.

And to answer your original question, yep. When I'm going through a tough time, I'll get a pack.

Puke at the first few, get half way through (chain smoking them, 1 out, 1 new one) feel sick and chuck them to the old man.

Then I'll just move on and vape again.

I was doing well till the wife started smoking again. I now have a smoke every couple of days. To me that's better than 30 rollies a day so I'm happy with my lot.

It does ......... but on the other hand we've been smokers together for over 25 years ........ my feeling is that just because I decided to change doesn't mean he has to. And I don't want to become the traditional judgmental, nagging, 'pain in the ass' ex-smoker, if I'm honest. :D
It's your life and your call. I suppose if you had put up with an abusive husband for 25 years there would be no reason why he would stop beating the shit out of you.

It's your life and your call. I suppose if you had put up with an abusive husband for 25 years there would be no reason why he would stop beating the shit out of you.

Bad analogy and somewhat harsh dude.

I live with a non-smoker who has never smoked. She never pushed me to stop. Permitted me to smoke in her non smoking house (never did though) and never complained about the smell from me after I had smoked. She was delighted when I quit, but didn’t give me any grief when I had few early backslides.

Why would I treat her any differently if I was the one who quit and she continued? If someone doesn’t want to stop they won’t. It doesn’t make them a bad person. We all had this habit. Let’s not demonise those that can’t/won’t/don’t want to quit.

Lol .... anyone who knows me will know how ridiculous that sounds. :16:

Bad analogy - we were equal in smoking together. As in all things.

I'm not trying to stick up for smoking ......... but the main reason neither of us ever tried to give up before vaping was due to the sanctimonious attitude of our GP and other health workers. It doesn't help.

I've even stopped smoking blunts now cos I can't stand the dirty smell and taste of burning tobacco. Still hit the bong from time to time though. [emoji16]

I haven't had one and never even been tempted in 6 years - I actually prefer vaping to smoking, but i fully understand your situation.

We're all different, and in the same way I didn't really want patches to work, many people aren't convinced by vaping and don't want to give up smoking.

2 minutes after i got my first mtl vape, i knew i'd never smoke again..
possibly i'm just odd.
also as possible is that i got the right set up for me.
i started with a higher end vape which suited me fine.
perhaps a better vape could help..

I have maybe 2 rollies a week but that's just because I am at a mates and enjoying a little bit bit of natural goodness with it :)

Back
Top Bottom