What's new

Am I MTL or DTL?

lakes1985

Postman
Hi my current set up is eleaf istick 20w with kangertech genitank and 1.2ohm kangertech coils. I enjoy the hit to my throat with this and also get a nice cloud. I understand MTL is mouth to lung? What is DTL? Giving what I say I like above which category do I fall into? I've been off the cigarettes since January 1st and been using this set up since. I ask these questions because I read a lot of the reviews on this forum and see a lot of lingo I don't understand and I'm hoping to try another type of ecigarette soon but don't want to buy something and have a bad experience. What would people recommend that would be similar to what I like and won't break the bank.? Also I use 12mg nicotine and would like to drop to maybe 6mg. Cheers lads,
David from Ireland

I also have eleaf set at lowest setting of 7.5w as I find it gives a burnt taste if I go higher

Vaping at 1.2 ohms you are most definitely MTL.
DTL means Direct to Lung. You do not first collect the vapour in your mouth and then inhale all of it at once, but you simply take a draw directly to your lungs. It's like if you would be breathing through your tank, which is why DTL tanks always have a very open airflow. It's a style that can be compared to smoking a hookah for example.

DTL means Direct to Lung. You do not first collect the vapour in your mouth and then inhale all of it at once, but you simply take a draw directly to your lungs. It's like if you would be breathing through your tank, which is why DTL tanks always have a very open airflow. It's a style that can be compared to smoking a hookah for example.

Hi Zippy0,

I have to say I beg to differ.
I have several setups, ranging from an original Nautilus 1.8 ohm, through tanks between 0.8 ohm, and 0.5 ohm, also a few drippers at 0.2 ohm.

I use them all in the same way, mouth to lung.
Its everyone's own preference.

You cant just slot people into pigeon holes by whether their coil is above, or below an ohm.

Hi Zippy0,

I have several setups, ranging from an original Nautilus 1.8 ohm, through tanks between 0.8 ohm, and 0.5 ohm, also a few drippers at 0.2 ohm.

You cant just slot people into pigeon holes by whether their coil is above, or below an ohm.
Very true. That said the geni is a budget version of the aerotank so you will be vaping mtl. Depending on how open you have the airflow dictates what kind of mtl tight or loose.

Thank you, I collect the vapour in my mouth and then inhale so therefore I'm MTL?

Sorry bud I got distracted. Doesn't answer your question does it. Dtl is usually a large airflow and you inhale the vapour just like breathing in. Hence direct to lung.
What is the eleaf set up. I can't imagine many options that should dry hit at seven watts. What tank, mod, coil and juice vg % are you using.

Hi Zippy0,

What would you go for next if you had the set up I had? I have the airflow open about halfway. Would like a little more cloud and a longer lasting battery and something that doesn't drink the juice

Sorry bud I got distracted. Doesn't answer your question does it. Dtl is usually a large airflow and you inhale the vapour just like breathing in. Hence direct to lung.
What is the eleaf set up. I can't imagine many options that should dry hit at seven watts. What tank, mod, coil and juice vg % are you using.
I'm definitely MTL so. My eleaf is istick 20w with kangertech genitank 1.2ohm coils and airflow is set halfway open, power at 7.5w. I just use a cheap liquid from a brand called apache and vg is 50%

I'm definitely MTL so. My eleaf is istick 20w with kangertech genitank 1.2ohm coils and airflow is set halfway open, power at 7.5w. I just use a cheap liquid from a brand called apache and vg is 50%
Perfect. The best fit to move up to would be the nautilus 2. No need to upgrade the mod if you don't want to but it's always good to have a back up. The nautilus have slightly larger coils and similar airflow control. Very good tank indeed. Should you go for a mod there's a matching one to the nautilus called the zellos and eleaf still make good ones. I love the innokin coolfire 4 plus. Not a new mod but very reliable and a big built in battery. Plus its very ergonomic. There's so many to choose from now though.

Back
Top Bottom