What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Aliexpress no paypal why not

stuartd

Veteran
Tried to order a couple of vape things from aliexpress but they dont take paypal and i wont put my bank details on there anyone else notice this as its a complete bugger as its the only place i can find one of them

Tried to order a couple of vape things from aliexpress but they dont take paypal and i wont put my bank details on there anyone else notice this as its a complete bugger as its the only place i can find one of them

what you looking for ? as every order ive made on ali is done through paypal.

Aliexpress is just a marketplace afaik, it's down to the individual seller how they take payment. I don't deal with sellers who don't offer paypal tbh.

what you looking for ? as every order ive made on ali is done through paypal.

Was looking for a xeta and boro tank but both places are card details only and thete has been a few other things ive looked at but same again card only no pp

Ordered from Ali without Paypal just using bank card
everything went fine and nothing untoward.
Order arrived in under a fortnight.

It's because of the relatively large commission PayPal charge, for a good while PayPal was completely removed (probably because of their previous ownership/relationship with eBay). The Alibaba group is one of the largest companies in the world, I saw a news story last year that they are attempted to be hacked hundreds of millions of times per day but have never lost a single penny... I don't think there's much to worry about paying by card.

My biggest financial mistake was buying a tablet from AliExpress without the protection of PayPal.

It turned out to be faulty and I had very little redress.

The credit card rules around compensation are very complicated, PayPal's are far more robust and simpler. They claw the money back from the vendors, that's why they don't like using them.

Whilst AliExpress are cheap, my advice is always use PayPal, or don't spend money you're not prepared to lose. Spend more if you have to. I had to write mine off in the end. I won't do it again.

Good luck and happy shopping to you.

As John R said it comes down to if the individual vendor takes PayPal. My approach is simple - if they don’t I won’t order. I’ve had issues in the past and getting a refund or exchange is often a ball ache.
I like having the protection of PayPal.

It's because of the relatively large commission PayPal charge, for a good while PayPal was completely removed (probably because of their previous ownership/relationship with eBay). The Alibaba group is one of the largest companies in the world, I saw a news story last year that they are attempted to be hacked hundreds of millions of times per day but have never lost a single penny... I don't think there's much to worry about paying by card.

This - Paypal charge is very very high compare to your normal Visa and Mastercards

Back
Top Bottom