What's new

Advice please guys

Also guys how long con nic last being kept in the freezer and taken out once a week to use then put back..cheers
Well, I think this is still an unknown ... estimates vary from 5-10 years for nicotine stored in a freezer.
It would be better not to visit the frozen nicotine frequently. Keep some in a glass bottle for daily use (I use a 100ml for this) and leave the bulk of your nicotine in the freezer undisturbed.
Also, don't mix using frozen nic as it thickens up. Having the smaller bottle out ensures you mix at room temperature.

Also guys how long con nic last being kept in the freezer and taken out once a week to use then put back..cheers

I can’t answer that question, but I’m pretty sure if your nic had gone off, you’d be able to taste it in your liquid. Is it in VG or PG? Be sure to shake it thoroughly before you use it, if it’s been sitting a while, the nic can settle - you want the nic relatively evenly dispersed in the carrier (VG or PG).

Nobody can say for sure, but a long time.

I have been using 5 year old nic, but my nic is in full bottles with very little air in them.
I take a bottle out and it lives in the fridge for a few months while I use it.

You are having some extra oxidation of the nic by not havving your bottle full and mixing in more air when you use it every week.
If you have many years wort of nic it might be worth decanting int bottles that hold less than a years worth.

Having said that your nic should still last a long time but it is only the last few years that folk have been storing nic for years.
So far I have not seen threads about folks freezer stash going off.

Thanks guys for the good advice,i will put some in a small bottle to reach room temp before using it, so much to learn

Guys a quick update,,,as i say id norm vape 3mg nic in my old setup and chain vape with no issues,.so today i woke clear headed no isues etc, purchased a 120ml bottle of juice this time i added less than even half my norm nic so prob vaping 1.3mg nic instead of 3,,and im still getting all the symptoms,dizzy,sick and raised anxiety

Its only the start of the day and not even chain vaping, what the hell is going pn guys feeling really depressed about not knowing whats going on

Seems to me you need to approach this logically, in order to rule out the possible causes.

I can only see a few possibilities, based on the fact it started when you got new high flavour juices and a new setup. The only other aspect that sets off alarm bells is you taking nic out of the freezer and using it once a week.

1. Mix up a batch of your old low flavour juice at 3mg.

2. Try it in your old tank at your old wattage.

If this now makes you feel ill, then I would guess it's your nicotine routine that's the problem.

Is the nic in VG or PG?
Do you let it reach room temperature before you use it?
Do you shake it well before you use it?

Nicotine can get concentrated in "hot spots" in your base mix, or perhaps even be concentrated nearer the bottom of the bottle. It needs to be shaken well before you use it.

If your old mixture with 3mg nic in your old setup doesn't make you feel ill...

3. Put your old mixture into your new setup and try it at at a similar wattage to your old setup.

If you feel ill, it may be that the coil is made out of a different material, perhaps you are allergic to the coils in your new tank? If you feel ok...

4. Up the wattage to 70w.

If you feel ill, it's the increase in wattage giving you too much nicotine.

If you still feel fine...

5. Try the new juice, at the same nic level as the old stuff you just tested, in your new tank.

If you feel ill, it is something in the flavourings in the new juice causing the problem...

Seems to me you need to approach this logically, in order to rule out the possible causes.

I can only see a few possibilities, based on the fact it started when you got new high flavour juices and a new setup. The only other aspect that sets off alarm bells is you taking nic out of the freezer and using it once a week.

1. Mix up a batch of your old low flavour juice at 3mg.

2. Try it in your old tank at your old wattage.

If this now makes you feel ill, then I would guess it's your nicotine routine that's the problem.

Is the nic in VG or PG?
Do you let it reach room temperature before you use it?
Do you shake it well before you use it?

Nicotine can get concentrated in "hot spots" in your base mix, or perhaps even be concentrated nearer the bottom of the bottle. It needs to be shaken well before you use it.

If your old mixture with 3mg nic in your old setup doesn't make you feel ill...

3. Put your old mixture into your new setup and try it at at a similar wattage to your old setup.

If you feel ill, it may be that the coil is made out of a different material, perhaps you are allergic to the coils in your new tank? If you feel ok...

4. Up the wattage to 70w.

If you feel ill, it's the increase in wattage giving you too much nicotine.

If you still feel fine...

5. Try the new juice, at the same nic level as the old stuff you just tested, in your new tank.

If you feel ill, it is something in the flavourings in the new juice causing the problem...
Thanks speed,thats some really good advice there ,,well my plan was ,tom use my old tank snd juice as i norm did,vape it all day,although its guna bit crap tasting now iv been 9n these new flavours,and if through the day i dont feel ill then i know its def the vaping causing this but which part,so then sunday my plan was to try my nrw juices in my old setup and see how that goes for a day,if still no probs,i know its not the flavours,,or nic level,
And go from there,,as for my nic iv done the same routine for 3 years
I just take it out of the freezer and use to make up a weeks worth of juice,then put it back
Never shaken it oops
I will now
Its PG based and norm vape 3mg in old setup at 40wat which gives me a good throat hit with a short drag
Iv not shaked my new 120ml new mix when filling my tank each time opps again

But this has all started since new tank new juice higher wat and same old amount of nic, but today iv had the nic so low in this 120ml bottle im hardly getting a throat hit,but still im feeling light headed and headache and a kind of sick feeling in my head
Can coils really ca use this ??
And many thanks for your good advice there

If you aren't giving your nicotine base a good shake, you risk hot spots.

But even worse if you dump your nic into your 120ml and don't shake it well, then all the nic sits at the top!

If you have a nickel allergy and the new tank has Ni80 coils, it might cause these issues.

But you really need to be systematic in how you approach this, in order to be able to count things out as you go. I think the way I suggested above seems a logical method, if it is possible for you.

Last edited:
If you have a nickel allergy and the new tank has Ni80 coils, it might cause these issues.

But you really need to be systematic in how you approach this, in order to be able to count things out as you go. I think the way I suggested above seems a logical method, if it is possible for you.
Will do buddy thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom