What's new

Advice for squonking

Funny thing is, I started squonking four days ago, with a Hadaly on a Pico Squeeze. Thursday evening, Friday evening, all day Saturday and all day today, using the stock bottle that comes with the squeeze, and I have yet to over squonk it.

I have yet to experience what over squonking is, but I will be looking at the Castle now you mentioned it, @Rob and I have also been looking at the Gas Mods GR1.

Funny thing is, I started squonking four days ago, with a Hadaly on a Pico Squeeze. Thursday evening, Friday evening, all day Saturday and all day today, using the stock bottle that comes with the squeeze, and I have yet to over squonk it.

I have yet to experience what over squonking is, but I will be looking at the Castle now you mentioned it, @Rob and I have also been looking at the Gas Mods GR1.
The gr 1 does look interesting. I've not found issue in the hadaly either, the drawback is very consistent but looking at it I can understand if you where heavy on the squonk action how it could be. I love the o atty despite it's pita coiling yet it can be a leaky bugger when pocketed. So far the sentinel has been pretty leak resistant with it's top airflow.

Sentinel and a squeeze would be a good recommendation for a first or out and about setup, easily available good cheap setup that I found a good vape and very leak /heavy handed squonk resistant.

Or a little harder hitting than the squeeze the new luxotic kit has the same sort of safety features as the squeeze, feels really good quality and the atty/coils it comes with looks like it should work well to. Really impressed with the luxotic mod but not tried the atty it came with yet, put a GR1 straight on it :)

Sentinel and a squeeze would be a good recommendation for a first or out and about setup, easily available good cheap setup that I found a good vape and very leak /heavy handed squonk resistant.

Or a little harder hitting than the squeeze the new luxotic kit has the same sort of safety features as the squeeze, feels really good quality and the atty/coils it comes with looks like it should work well to. Really impressed with the luxotic mod but not tried the atty it came with yet, put a GR1 straight on it :)
Yeah the mech box's is more my bug bear for first time squonk recommendations too. Really don't like them.

Thanks guys, all this info is really helpful. I think I'm going to go for the ijoy with a pulse 22 (from what I've read it seems difficult to overfill the well) unless someone can tell me any issues they've had with any of that gear. Going for a 3.7v, 21700 Basen. I plan to vape at around 35-40w. I've done the calculations and the discharge current seems more than safe for that battery at 0.4ohms (hopefully someone can confirm this for me). Only thing I need to sort now is the correct coils, flat nichrome coils at 0.4 have been suggested to me however I can't find any pre-made coils of this sort on-line, only the wire. Hoping someone can help me with where to get them or any alternatives for the set-up I'm looking at.

I personally never got on with the hadaly, constantly over sqounked and when it wasn't pissing juice all over me i was getting shocking spit bk, build and over squeezing was no doubt to blame but as @Rob has said I don't see it as an ideal entrance into squonking as it put me off initially, the pulse on the other hand, I think is ideal (22 for single coil or 24 for dual) completely idiot proof and great flavour

Spoke too soon about the SQ. Pissed juice all over me out walking the dog! Typical the one day I don’t take any kitchen roll out and I get juice everywhere!

Came through the o-rings, quick clean up and refitted the o-rings and it’s nice & tight again.

Most folks go to is the hadaly. An excellent squonk, single coil rda. The genuine is getting hard to find and expensive but worth it. Sxk do an exceptional clone that you can order from fastech (China) for around a tenner or I believe pro vapes stock the sxk over here for around twenty quid.
There are other excellent choices like the pulse 22 rda or the well loved wasp nanowhich you can pick up a genuine for fifteen to twenty pounds.
Again most have made the switch to brochrome. It's a flat nichrome available from stealth vape. Heats up quickly and has a large surface area that creates a dense, flavourfull vape. (I use 24awg). Even though the capo has protection boards I'd still not recommend dropping bellow 0.2ohms. Always good to brush up on ohms law to make sure your battery choice is up to the job.
I personally build around 0.4ohms which chucks out vapour at around 35w with the hadaly, capo combo.

Just curious as to what coil diameter you use when building and how many wraps? I'm also looking to get 0.4ohms.

Cheers.

Just curious as to what coil diameter you use when building and how many wraps? I'm also looking to get 0.4ohms.

Cheers.
About 7/8 (depending on the rda and if its a full wind or half, ie: legs at 12 and six o'clock or together) and 2.5mm gives me around 0.4 ohms. Remember to strum and pulse that coil a fair bit until it glows evenly and start the watts from around twenty when doing this as nichrome can be fussy straight after building and you can end up with weird ohms and the coil legs glowing if you forget, lol.

About 7/8 (depending on the rda and if its a full wind or half, ie: legs at 12 and six o'clock or together) and 2.5mm gives me around 0.4 ohms. Remember to strum and pulse that coil a fair bit until it glows evenly and start the watts from around twenty when doing this as nichrome can be fussy straight after building and you can end up with weird ohms and the coil legs glowing if you forget, lol.

Thanks, I'm a total coil novice. It's just a single coil pulse 22 so its a full wind. I've looked at a few different calculators and they don't all give the same figures - there's a little bit of discrepancy there. Would you suggest getting an ohm reader if I already have a regulated mod?

Back
Top Bottom