What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

A POTV EVENT

I don’t see why you can’t do it at VF next year, camping already available, hotels available, pubs available, marquee available, vendors available. Don’t see what an alternative venue and all the hassle organising it is going to get tou

It isn't a mini-Vapefest - far from it. We used to have regular POTV vapemeets and a POTV weekender. It's a resumption of that for apes who fancy meeting up to shoot the shit on a more frequent basis. The way I see it is that it adds value to the forum and was always enjoyed by those who attended. People don't have to come.

Plus, my money is on VF not taking place next year. Talk from some vendors present and many that weren't is that it is no longer worth the money and the TPD continues to wreak havoc on their bottom lines. It's challenging times for the independent vape sector as they're being squeezed from home and abroad.

It isn't a mini-Vapefest - far from it. We used to have regular POTV vapemeets and a POTV weekender. It's a resumption of that for apes who fancy meeting up to shoot the shit on a more frequent basis. The way I see it is that it adds value to the forum and was always enjoyed by those who attended. People don't have to come.

Plus, my money is on VF not taking place next year. Talk from some vendors present and many that weren't is that it is no longer worth the money and the TPD continues to wreak havoc on their bottom lines. It's challenging times for the independent vape sector as they're being squeezed from home and abroad.

Ok but the way people are talking is of a national meet, having it somewhere everyone can get to, that isn’t going to happen more than once or twice a year for the majority to be there. Meets already happen around the country although it’s mainly in Nottingham as far as I can tell. But wasting the facilities already at VF (and until it’s cancelled it’s on) doesnt make sense for a bigger meet.

I won’t go into what happened with the Manc meets but they turned into something they weren’t supposed to be, located in one place for the minority rather than the majority. Doesn’t take much to get regional meets going which people can get to and the odd person (@3dj) and some normal people will travel from a distance to attend.

I don’t see why you can’t do it at VF next year, camping already available, hotels available, pubs available, marquee available, vendors available. No arguments over where and when and who and how and what. Don’t see what an alternative venue and all the hassle organising it is going to get you. You know what you are getting at VF and personally I would prefer that as a meet.

Apart from that organise a smaller meet in the north in June and another in the south in July or whatever and let the midlands people decide if they want to do one or the other or both.
Midlands people run shizzle

VF need to stop vendors being invite only.

Treat it as a meet with the bonus of everything else being organised for you and that’s what this year was for me, if it’s on next year I want it to be the same, more about the people than the event itself

Treat it as a meet with the bonus of everything else being organised for you and that’s what this year was for me, if it’s on next year I want it to be the same, more about the people than the event itself
I don't have an issue travelling anywhere. That comment re vendors was in response to rumours of no VF next year or a one day event which takes out the social reason to be there. If it went to one day I personally wouldn't fork out for hotels on the off chance that a few people might hang around for a beer & food.

Be nice to see her again...
That must have been fucking ages ago. I haven't let her out of her cage for some time now. I was going to take her to vapfest but couldn't find the scissors to cut eyeholes in her new paper bag. You couldn't handle my wife mate. :D

Ok but the way people are talking is of a national meet, having it somewhere everyone can get to, that isn’t going to happen more than once or twice a year for the majority to be there. Meets already happen around the country although it’s mainly in Nottingham as far as I can tell. But wasting the facilities already at VF (and until it’s cancelled it’s on) doesnt make sense for a bigger meet.

It certainly won't be somewhere everybody can get to, it'll require a fair bit of travel wherever it's located for some folks. It's something that used to be fun and could be again. That's all. People are welcome to come and join in or they can pleasure themselves elsewhere.

If VF happens then Junglist and OccSci will have a decision to make about whether they want to spend money on a marquee - the weekend has no impact on that, it isn't requiring anything from the forum.

Local meets can happen too and, again, this isn't to replace those either - everyone and anyone can contact a pub a do an evening. Nothing stopping them.

At Hawkshead about 40 people spent a great weekend in wonderful company, in a spectacular location. Families came and gave it a totally different vibe to the pub environments or the big events. It's ideal for those with young families to get involved who might have held back otherwise. And it's also good for the regular crowd too.

Honestly, I don't get your problem.

Back
Top Bottom